What's new

iphone 4 help please

parisbrando

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you can help me with something...

I bought an iphone4 from my friend who upgraded to the 4S, and the iphone4 home button was broken at the time (I knew this) whilst the lock button at the top was working but slightly stiff.

Since then the lock button has stopped working. It seems to have gone 'in' to the phone - it's still there and hasn't come off or anything. But now I have neither the home button or the lock button working, so I've been having to either keep the phone unlocked or locking it and plugging it into my MacBook to unlock it again. Not convenient but still better than using my old BlackBerry :p

So, I fell to sleep last night with the phone unlocked and the battery ran down. I've plugged it in to charge up but it's asking to setup via itunes now (has done this in the past but I've gotten around it by turning the phone off and on again a few times. It then comes on as normal). (As a side note, the phone is never recognised in itunes anyway).

The problem is, I can't turn it back off because of the broken lock button. So right now I'm basically stuck on the iphone setup screen with not much else I can do... I could probably go into a shop to get the buttons fixed at a cost, but I'm hoping there might be another solution you guys might know of?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Taking to the Shop like you said, buying the repairs yourself and getting it done maybe at a lower price or if it still has warranty take it to apple

Contact apple and make an appointment with a genius at your local apple outlet.

They will repair it under the warranty or offer you a replacement at a good rate.

chunky said:
Contact apple and make an appointment with a genius at your local apple outlet.

They will repair it under the warranty or offer you a replacement at a good rate.

Will apple repair/replace an item out of warranty? I believe the standard price is £119 including vat so I was thinking of getting a busted one one the cheap and trading it. Is that an option?

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Will apple repair/replace an item out of warranty? I believe the standard price is £119 including vat so I was thinking of getting a busted one one the cheap and trading it. Is that an option?

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net
Kind of stealing the thread but it would make no sense to buy a broken phone and then trade in your current broken phone??

To the OP sounds like you'll have to get it repaired. Try a local shop of your phone is not under warrenty or if your not capable of doing it yourself.