What's new

Power/lock button

chantelle310

Reaction score
Having a few problems with my power/lock button recently. Its become very stiff and hard to press. It still works but i have to press it real hard to make it lock.. Wary of turning my
Phone off and on again incase it doesn't come back on. I feel if i press it too hard it will break completely. Is this common? Anybody else had this problem and been able to fix the problem? Any help would be appreciated guys :)

Hi, I have the same problem. Short of bringing it back to Apple to have one of their techs look at it, I am using Activator to assign a gesture to wake up and put the phone to sleep. Probably not the solution you want to hear but it works. Good luck.

Ive managed to use activator to lock unlock too I'm just worried about ever needing to power on and off. Also was planning to sell it in the next few weeks to get the i5.. Don't want any comebacks off it once its sold. May consider taking it back to apple myself too.

Get SBSettings to be safe. With Activator, you can accidentally trigger the turn off if you're not careful. With SBSettings, you swipe the status bar (or whatever gesture you use) to activate the drop down menu, then press Power then Power Off, Reboot, SafeMode, etc etc. If the button god forbid does stop working, just plug your iPhone into an outlet, into a computer or into an external battery (something like a universal Mophie Juice Pack). As long as you have a running current to "jumpstart" it, it'll turn on.

So if my phone does completely turn off I can just plug it into say my pc and it will reboot completely without having to use the power button? That's great news and I can worry a little less now if thats the case. Thank you :)