What's new

PLEASE HELP! iPhone 4 problem black screen

Halo_AFC

Reaction score
Any help at all would be extremely appreciated as i am really worried, i have an iPhone 4 on iOS 6.0.1 and i was trying to jailbreak it, i downloaded the iOS 6 firmware and the latest redsn0w, i had everything set up and i just needed to put the phone in DFU Mode, i have jailbroken many devices before, i plugged the usb into the iphone and switched the phone off, then tried to put it into DFU Mode it seemed like it worked and then i realised the other end of the USB was not plugged into the laptop, now the phone is completely black screen and wont turn on or get recognized by my laptop, i tried the holding the home and power button at the same time so many times but with no success at all, this happened last night and i tried putting it in the charger for a few hours but still nothings happening, can someone please help me
Thanks so much!

PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU HAVE ANY SORT OF INFORMATION THAT COULD HELP ME,THANK YOU.

please post just once per issue,posting in more than one place fragments the replies and makes the discussion hard to follow,thank you.

Phone may have been bricked whilst in proses of jailbreak very hard fix but can be done

Very unlikely that it's a brick, especially if I'm interpreting this correctly that it's from putting the iPhone into DFU mode. Plug the iPhone back in your computer, and open up RedSn0w. See if there's an identification under the Extras button on the main screen. Otherwise, hold the home button and plug in your iPhone until you hit the recovery mode screen. We'll start off with that.

Hold home and power button for 10 seconds then release home keep holding power till you see apple logo that sound help :)