What's new

big big problem plz help me

akramdzz

Reaction score
hi every one i have problem with iphone 4 . my problem is i have ios 7.0.4 and i want to update to 7.1.2 but my power button broken . so i download frimewar 7.1.2 and i start redsnow and select custom frimewar with dfu mode when completed start restor with itunes and then show error so i start ireb to enter dfu mode and restor same problem with itunes and now ihave black screen i exit dfu mode and nothing and i try home butoon + power button same time nothing happen and now i fix it power button with technique § i know i mstake redsonw not support ios 7 and from month to now i can not fix my problem plz plz help

If you're using a DFU IPSW, you're supposed to get an error. Because a DFU IPSW is a modified IPSW that disrupts the restore process by forcing it to stop midway through the boot sequence to achieve DFU mode, iTunes gets the error saying that the restoration has been interrupted.

As long as your device is on a pitch black screen (no backlighting) and iTunes recognizes it, you're fine.

yes you'r right thx for replay but the solution ?

Unplug the device, hold the home button for 10 seconds. Then plug the phone in while still holding the home button to your computer, and keep doing so until it boots up. Or since you're on the iPhone 4, you should be able to Just Boot using RedSn0w. Once booted, DFU again, and restore using iTunes. Or, use RedSn0w's Restore feature.

hello , i try this steps
  1. Turn off iOS device.
  2. Plug the USB cable into your computer - but not into the device
  3. Hold down the Home button then plug the USB cable into the device
  4. When you see the Connect to iTunes screen (below), release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, repeat steps 1 to 3.
for 10 times and nothing heppen , i think my iphone is dead now i'am in blackscreen

If you're using a DFU IPSW, you're supposed to get an error. Because a DFU IPSW is a modified IPSW that disrupts the restore process by forcing it to stop midway through the boot sequence to achieve DFU mode, iTunes gets the error saying that the restoration has been interrupted.

As long as your device is on a pitch black screen (no backlighting) and iTunes recognizes it, you're fine.

yes my iphone is recognizes it , but i hear sound when i plug it

Open up RedSn0w as an administrator if applicable, and on the bottom of the home screen, you should see something like 'iPhone3,1 (DFU)' or 'iPhone 4 (DFU)'. If not, reply with what you see on the bottom with your device connected. Your device might be in WTF mode as opposed to DFU mode.

thx men for you'r help / i have the solution : my iphone in dfu mode and the battery is low so when i plug in the cable can not charge so when the phone in dfu mode can not charge / the one solution is change battery for one charged and exite dfu mode