What's new

Please help!! I can't send or receive messages at all!

Dean2296

Reaction score
Hello, recently my iPhone crashed pretty bad with 6.1.2 Evasi0n and I had to do a complete restore to 6.1.3. Well...ever since then BOTH iMessages and SMS will not work whatsoever. Calls and data work perfectly fine, but when I try to send a message it will load about 90-95% of the way then the bar will just stop. It will stay like this for quite a while, and when I check later either the message I tried to send will simply be not there, or if I attempted to send one to myself the conversation will just be a blank page. Also, it can still detect whether it should send an SMS or an iMessage, however nothing will work. I haven't received a message once during this time either, and I've even had other people send me stuff to no avail.

I have an iPhone 4 on redsn0w tethered with 6.1.3. However, it may not even be iOS itself because I have done two COMPLETE restores and even when my iPhone is in complete stock mode, my messages will not work at all. Perhaps it has to do with the SIM card? My iPhone is factory unlocked and being used with Straight Talk on AT&T, so messages should work with absolutely no problem. Being jailbroken but not booted in tethered mode or actually being booted in jailbroken mode makes no differnence whatsoever. Please help!! I haven't been able to send or receive messages for over four days now! Thanks, any help is appreciated!

This is what it looks like: $image.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT: I believe that it may indeed have something to do with the SIM settings. Whenever I type **5005*7672*+13123149810# into the keypad and call it, it still says that there is no address (this is after first figuring it out then clearing it). However, I am still not sure how to make the address stick and I can't seem to find anything very helpful online so far...