What's new

Pictures

Shin Beats

Reaction score
I'm sure you are all aware that when you take portrait pictures, they'll end up sideways on a PC. Is there an alternate camera app I can use so I don't have to always take my pictures and video's sideways?

Still pictures have meta data embedded in them called EXIF, this data tells photo program things like portrait or landscape mode, date, camera model, shutter speed, aperture, gps coordinates and many other things about when the picture was taken. If the program you are viewing the photo on is aware of, and can read this data, it will display the picture properly, portrait or landscape. However, many programs can't read this data from an Apple device yet. Apples iPhoto program does it very well.

Video, would you hold a movie camera sideways and expect anything other than a sideways picture? Movies by convention are always in landscape view. Therefore, must be held in lanscape mode with the lens on the left top and the record button on your right, as you look at the back of the iPhone. Yes, you can also have upside down movies if you don't hold it correctly.