What's new

Pictures taken from iPhone land sideways on computer

Same thing happened to me, Microsoft photo editor would not rotate it to the right side up.
Easy to solve.
When you see the picture in your email it will probably be right side up - do not "download" it - right click over it - then select "Save Image as" and save it to a local drive and you have it.

I was also frustrated by this issue. So I have developed an app that lets you email a photo so it will have the correct orientation when the person receives it on their email. Search for Rotate Mailer in the app store.

You can also avoid the issue by always taking pictures with the 'volume buttons downward'. But sometimes you want a portrait (not landscape) picture. So, Rotate Mailer comes in handy for those times.

Hi, I am totally new here and I am frustrated with Apple Technical Support. I have a new iPhone and I know how to use the camera and send the picture via E-mail. The problem is that the pictures land sideways on everybody's computer. I have tried to send it from different email addresses but it is never upright and only sideways when sent through E-mail to a computer and not from iPhone to iPhone. I spent a whole day with Apple Technical Support and no one heard about that problem. Please let me know if anyone experienced anything like that or if there is a fix.

Thanks.