What's new

Photos from PC ---> iPhone

Myer

Reaction score
I have photos on my PC that I would like to place in separate folders on my iPhone 6S.

I have figured out how to create folders on the 6S.

Now I need a way to upload the photos from my PC to a specific folder on the 6S.

Something similar to the WiFi File Transfer App on the Android.

Thanks.

This is what I did although only done once and not quite comfortable with it yet.

I downloaded and installed the iTunes App onto my PC.
I disconnected the wall end of my charging cable to expose the USB plug.
I plugged the cable into my iPhone and the USB end into a USB port on my PC.
I started the App on my PC.
It immediately recognized my 6S.
I won't remember all the steps as it's not connected now.
I tapped the Photos tab on the left side

I had created a folder on my iPhone and selected it (I thought). Remember this part as this was a slight issue.
I selected the folder on my PC holding the photos I wanted to upload.
I clicked Apply and saw a bar move across the top until the upload was completed.

The only two issues I had were slight.
1) The sort sequence of the files on my PC weren't the same as on the 6S. I can understand that as the file names were the original names from my camera and I'm not
sure how the iPhone handles 12355 vs 1233333. Which comes first and which should come first. Just to avoid that I'll put a prefix number before each name.

2) Even thought I "thought" I selected the destination folder on my 6S prior to uploading the files, all of the photos went into a "New" folder with the same name as the
source folder on my PC. It's possible I should have selected the files within the folder and not the folder.

Since I uploaded the photos using iPhones, I am not able to rename the destination folder. My plan is to delete the photos and folder using iTunes, add a prefix to the file names on my PC, create a new folder on the 6S, select it prior to uploading the photos carefully watch what I do and the result.

Hopefully, somebody will find this informative and useful.

Well, I thought I had some of it figured out.
When copying from my PC to 6S using iTunes I can't seem to see individual photo files.

Also, the only folder I see on my 6S (other than Camera Roll and Recently Deleted) is the last folder uploaded. The previous doesn't appear in Photos.

Can anybody shed any light on this whole thing?

I'm sorry that nobody has answered so far. I don't import images from my computer to the iPhone, so I can't help you. Something else I've noticed when importing photos from my DSLR to an iDevice: the Last Import folder shows just the images that were imported last time.

As far as I know, creating folder on the iPhone has no influence on pictures you import from a PC.

This is an international forum, so the member that could help with your problem might not yet have seen your thread. I'm asking for your patience. Also, I've merged both threads you started on the same topic. Please keep any information or further posts about this problem to this thread only.

Thank you!

Well, I think I made some headway.
So far, the solution appears to be to create one main folder on my PC with a name like "Folders_to_iPhone".
Then beneath that main folder to create folders for each separate event such as "Party 1" , Wedding 2", etc.
Then populate each folder with the appropriate photos.

I had previously downloaded iTunes to my PC.
Then I disconnected the charging cable from the wall plug and connected the USB end into a USB port on my PC. The other end of the cable is connected to the iPhone.

I then went into iTunes.
I selected my iPhone under File/Devices.
I clicked the vertical rectangle near the top and selected Photos.
I then selected Choose a Folder from Copy Files From:
I then selected the main folder Folders_to_iPhone on my PC.
Then I selected Apply near the bottom.

A new album with it's photos was created on the iPhone.
When I did this I had 9 folders populated with photos.
They were all created on my iPhone 6S and populated with almost 600 photos.
The total amount of space I used on the iPhone was about 430mb. That's a little less than .5 Gig.

I did have one issue. I think on at least one of the albums the photos are out of any sequence I can think of.
If anybody has any ideas about how to fix that I would be most appreciative.

And to just put a bow around the whole thing. . .

After a couple of hours I noticed that the sequence of that one out-of-sequence album is now in sequence.

The above process (previous post) works perfectly. I have since deleted all of the photos / albums, renamed them on my PC so they will be in the order I want them and reloaded them to my 6S.

Good to hear you found out how it works.

It's also a good idea that you told us how you got it working. This could help someone else in a similar situation.