What's new

Copy photos and videos to Windows 10 PC

DaveM

Reaction score
EDIT: After creating the post below I found a free tool from EaseUS called MobiMover that accomplished this easily. No, I have no stake in the software, but if moderators think this post needs to be removed no hard feelings. I love my iPhone but sometimes Apple seems to make things so hard. :(
----------

I used to be able to see my iPhone in Windows Explorer (connected via USB) and could simply copy photos or videos over to my PC from there. It's been a while since I've had need to do this, but now the phone doesn't show up as a device on either my laptop or desktop PC. I've read and followed the steps in this article:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

When I get to the part about Import To Your PC (Windows 10) it then links to this Microsoft page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-import-photos-and-videos-from-phone-to-pc

When I try to follow the directions there about opening the Photos app and doing an Import from a USB device I get a message that "We can't find any photos or videos on your device."

Recently when I want to get to a photo from my iPhone I've just been uploading it to Dropbox and then accessing it from there, but now I want to get a video from my phone and it's too large for a Dropbox transfer. I get an Error 413.

How do people get video off of their phone? Should I still be able to see my iPhone as a device on my PC?

Last edited:
EDIT: After creating the post below I found a free tool from EaseUS called MobiMover that accomplished this easily. No, I have no stake in the software, but if moderators think this post needs to be removed no hard feelings. I love my iPhone but sometimes Apple seems to make things so hard. :(
----------

I used to be able to see my iPhone in Windows Explorer (connected via USB) and could simply copy photos or videos over to my PC from there. It's been a while since I've had need to do this, but now the phone doesn't show up as a device on either my laptop or desktop PC. I've read and followed the steps in this article:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

When I get to the part about Import To Your PC (Windows 10) it then links to this Microsoft page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-import-photos-and-videos-from-phone-to-pc

When I try to follow the directions there about opening the Photos app and doing an Import from a USB device I get a message that "We can't find any photos or videos on your device."

Recently when I want to get to a photo from my iPhone I've just been uploading it to Dropbox and then accessing it from there, but now I want to get a video from my phone and it's too large for a Dropbox transfer. I get an Error 413.

How do people get video off of their phone? Should I still be able to see my iPhone as a device on my PC?

Thanks for letting readers know about MobiMover!