What's new

Photo problem

brixtonboy

Reaction score
Never had it before and have not tried a reset or anything. I go to take a photo as normal but the screen is blank there is a yellow circle at the top like bullseye. Seem to remember reading about this somewhere but that doesn't help. Turned all the lights on and off no difference. Flash etc. clutching at straws l guess. Thanks guys.

Did a reset in the end got my camera back. Could it have something to do with "live" whatever that is? That's gone now?
Shameer change camera how do mean exactly?

Did a reset in the end got my camera back. Could it have something to do with "live" whatever that is? That's gone now?
Shameer change camera how do mean exactly?
If you mean Live Photos I have no idea. I'm glad your camera is working again. If the problem reappears and you're close enough to an Apple Store for a visit you may want the Genius Bar to have a look. There's also telephone technical support which you get for free for 90 days after purchase or free for two years with AppleCare+.

Then l need to do research no Apple for me l vegan

I did some reading on the subject and an iTunes restore is recommended and if that doesn't work there's the possibility of a hardware problem. That's one of the reasons I suggested a Genius Bar appointment. If there is a hardware fault and the iPhone is still under warranty or AppleCare+, you'll get a free repair or replacement.

Wow **** thanks for that mate, it seems ok at the moment but this cost a fortune.
Do you know how to do a screenshot when l try because of the new home button system all l get is Siri which l thought l turned off TIA

Wow **** thanks for that mate, it seems ok at the moment but this cost a fortune.
Do you know how to do a screenshot when l try because of the new home button system all l get is Siri which l thought l turned off TIA
I tried making screenshots with the iPhone 7 Plus and it's done the same way as with the earlier iPhones, by pressing the home and power buttons at the same time. If you're activating Siri, you're pressing the home button slightly before the power button.

Last edited:
Live photos are like gifs. Animated photographs is probably the best way to explain them. You can turn this off, but I believe it's usually on by default.

The first time l got voice control whatever that is but then it worked will try a few more times practice makes permanent as we say. Thanks for your great help once again