What's new

phone will not ring

Vibrate switch above the volume buttons on the left side. Needs to be switched forward.

I am also having the same issues on my phone. Had the phone for about 2 months. My phone does not ring...certain apps does not have sounds anymore. Checked the settings but it is still not working...wonder how many people are having these issues.

I am also having the same issues on my phone. Had the phone for about 2 months. My phone does not ring...certain apps does not have sounds anymore. Checked the settings but it is still not working...wonder how many people are having these issues.

Did you check the settings and the switch?

I did check the switch and the settings. Normally, when I switch the button on the side or turn the volume it will pop up on the screen but it's not even doing that anymore. Some apps have sounds...some don't. I hope the warranty covers it.

Unfortunately, ATT said I have to call Apple or go to an apple store which is about an hour away.

I did check the switch and the settings. Normally, when I switch the button on the side or turn the volume it will pop up on the screen but it's not even doing that anymore. Some apps have sounds...some don't. I hope the warranty covers it.

Apple care covers any defects so your covered. Only thing that's not is drops,water damage ect..

Can I just restore it to factory setting to recover sounds? Or do you think, I would have this issue again later on? Thanks.

Can I just restore it to factory setting to recover sounds? Or do you think, I would have this issue again later on? Thanks.

i think this is the hardware problem...better go to the apple store....
banner.png

Doesn't hurt to try... Most likely the apple store will try also before exchanging.

Thanks. I will have to do that. Go to an apple store that is an hour away...can't do it until next weekend though so I have to suck it up without sounds for another week. I wonder if some apps have viruses...I think it was fine after I downloaded a couple of apps after.

Thanks again for all the replies.

I'm having the same problem. I have my iPhone 4 for only 3 weeks but few days ago it stopped ringing. The silent switch buttom is on, the ring volume is at the highest level, but it doesn't make any sound.

Not in the income calls, or messages, or videos, or apps.

Any idea what I can do?

I have recently had the same problem after making NOT receiving a FaceTime call which after speaking to apple support 2day seems to be a common fault. I was told to reset the factory setting on the phone and it worked.

The apple store will do everything in their power to not have to go into the back room and change any parts with their phone, believe me, I have been through it with 2 mb pro's and an iPhone and iPod touch... I would try hard reset, which probably won't work, also, check if their are any updates for your phone... But As bellamri said, it is probably a hard ware issue. Best of luck..

I did went to Apple stroe with the same problem and they told me to ask ATT, not sure what's up with this, tried everything, restore to factory, backup restore, cold boot, nothing works. I am sure this is hardware problem, but Apple deny it, told me it's ATT.

The apple store will do everything in their power to not have to go into the back room and change any parts with their phone, believe me, I have been through it with 2 mb pro's and an iPhone and iPod touch... I would try hard reset, which probably won't work, also, check if their are any updates for your phone... But As bellamri said, it is probably a hard ware issue. Best of luck..