What's new

Phone stayed on white Apple logo

Myron

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 3Gs for about 18 months. Lately; it's been getting sluggish. It's the 8 GB model. Suddenly, a message appeared about disc space very low then the screen turned-off and the Apple logo appeared. The logo wouldn't turn-off four hours until the battery ran-out. I brought to AT&T, the carrier and they said the unit was off-line. What's up? I am now stuck with a 2 year AT&T contract of $88/month no matter if the phone works. I even tried removing and re-inserting the SIMS card. Any advice? Thanks. I love this phone; she's like my family! I already did the Synch into my PC which took over 1 hour before the break-down. I understand, if repaired, all stored info and apps will be lost including photos. Could I re-synch all info back after repairs or is all lost?

i would transfer the photos to the computer. Transfer all apps, music etc to iTunes. Then restore in DFU mode(gets you a fresh FW file). Set up as new phone. And synch back apps and music

I don't have much to say but here is a little tip, if you want to enter the recovery mode, whilst its running, with apple logo appearing, hold home button and power button, after it turns off only release the power button, keep holding the home button, you will soon enter the recovery mode, to get out of it simply do all i mentioned above but when it turns off, don't release anything, but after the apple logo appears release both buttons, i don't say DO THE MENTIONED ABOVE, but its just some instructions for the recovery mode, IF you need them.

:)

Thanks for the advice. Here's what happened. As you said, I kept pressing both buttons for a long time but the Apple logo never turned-off. It was on all night until the power ran-out. When I awoke, a miracle happened. The screen had finally shut-off. When I turned-on as usual and re-charged, the unit worked fine except I lost 2 of my favorite Apps: Facebook and flickr. Strange? My friend said she also lost her Facebook App when her phone was fixed. Now, I attempted to re-load Facebook but its logo doesn't appear. No wonder I resisted a cell for years.

Myron said:
Thanks for the advice. Here's what happened. As you said, I kept pressing both buttons for a long time but the Apple logo never turned-off. It was on all night until the power ran-out. When I awoke, a miracle happened. The screen had finally shut-off. When I turned-on as usual and re-charged, the unit worked fine except I lost 2 of my favorite Apps: Facebook and flickr. Strange? My friend said she also lost her Facebook App when her phone was fixed. Now, I attempted to re-load Facebook but its logo doesn't appear. No wonder I resisted a cell for years.

Im happy it got working again, but now you say that the FB logo dosent appear?, you mean the FB icon?, is your device jailbroken?