What's new

Phone gets hot when charging

Myron

Reaction score
I have been charging my friends 2 iPhone 4's for him and they both get hot when charging. Using the same charger, my old iPhone 3Gs only gets slightly warm when charging. Why the difference?

Hmmmm... strange. My 2 iPhone 4's charge without any noticeable heat. Are there any other issues with the devices, or is this the only one? If all works well, then you can probably disregard.

I have been charging my friends 2 iPhone 4's for him and they both get hot when charging. Using the same charger, my old iPhone 3Gs only gets slightly warm when charging. Why the difference?

It is normal. many other smartphone has the same problem.

I use the same charger on my iPhone 3Gs and it barely gets warm yet my friends' 2 iPhones 4G gets extremely hot. I am not sure but I think they might be already used although they came in new packaging and have no nicks or abrasions anywhere. Maybe the batteries are different.

I think it depends on your battery state on how warm your phone gets, ie If the battery state is low it will get a lot hotter on charging

I'd say it might be the charger, only because my iPhone doesn't get warm when I charge it. The only time it gets noticeably warm is when I'm doing a Google+ Hangout.

I plug my up when I go to bed so it's on the charger for at least 7 hours and it's never been hot. I'd definitely try a different charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have used my iPhone 4s whilst on full charge and I can tell you it's gets very warm at 60% charge

Mine gets hot if I charge & use it @ the same time. I've got a ip4...