What's new

Personal Automation problem!

Aerofly

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 12 running iOS15 public beta 4, and I’ve set up a few Shortcut Personal Automations when charging my phone that announce when:
a) my phone is charging.
b) the charge exceeds 95% (which is when I like to stop charging)
c) when the charger is disconnected.

I also have an Apple Watch series 6. The phone will show a notification when each automation runs, as will the watch.

The problem is, if I’m not in the same room as the phone, I often don’t hear the announcement, and although there is a notification on the watch I cannot for the life of me find a way to get Personal Automation Notifications on the watch to give any form of haptic feedback at the same time. Consequently I sometimes miss when the watch is fully charged.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get Personal Automation Notifications on the Apple Watch to give haptic notification at the same time?

Well, I asked the same question on the Apple Community forum and they pointed me to the Apple Support note for Personal Automations and it says……..

“Personal automation is specific to a device. The automation will be backed up to iCloud but will not sync to other devices.”

So that begs the question, if it will not sync to other devices, why do I also get a notification on my Watch?????