What's new

Phone calls..

Nath

Reaction score
When on a call to somone i can only hear the other person if i connect the earphones or put it on loudspeaker..otherwise its just silent but they can still hear me.

Have tried restoring original settings etc and updating it, and still makes no difference.

Is it faulty?

Sounds like it's faulty to me. I would give apple a call. They will have you try a few things and advise you what you need to do to get a replacement.

Thats what i thought...just started new contract with orange so will have to contact them first and get a replacement.

Thanks for reply

Get the replacement phone. You have a bad phone for it's most basic purpose making phone calls.

thats very true! i've got an appointment tomorrow but have to drive all the way to exeter just to get replacement and i live in taunton

When on a call to somone i can only hear the other person if i connect the earphones or put it on loudspeaker..otherwise its just silent but they can still hear me.

Have tried restoring original settings etc and updating it, and still makes no difference.

Is it faulty?

My phone was like that when I first got it. It turned out that the mute button on the left side was on. Have you checked your mute button? When you see the red mark, it's muted but I've heard of some phones that are reversed.