What's new

Overuse of iPhones not good for you?

carsant

Reaction score
I ran into this page the other day, wondering what iPhone users have to say about it?

iHate iPhones - Why I Don't Want a Smart Phone

For those who want the cliffsnotes, it basically says that people who use iPhones are less engaged in face to face settings because they spend so much time texting, tweeting, facebooking, and playing games. Any thoughts? Do you try to set ground rules for yourself, like not spending too much time on your iPhone while you're out with other people?

I get constantly nagged by the wife to get off my phone. Lol.

I can understand where the poster is comming from. It's so much easier to get 'lost' online these days with all these social networking sites and online forums. Personally I don't use Facebook, twitter etc but I am on here a fair bit. It's just too easy when you've got a spare 5-10 mins to write a post or two or play a few levels of angry birds...

I'm in love with my iphone. I always have a habit staring down now. :)

Fiend said:
I'm in love with my iphone. I always have a habit staring down now. :)

So do I, but that's really because of my advanced age (forget to do my flies up ;) )

CP

Well, im usually at work.. Either im texting, internet browsing, playing angry birds which can take up the whole day of work LOL. Thats just a few to say. ;)

My rule is simple. First two hours of the morning. All news (RSS is the first hour), gaming and social network stuff must be done. Then once I go outside, the phone is only for calls, the occasional text message or looking up a place to eat and/or see a movie with the wife.

My rule is simple. First two hours of the morning. All news (RSS is the first hour), gaming and social network stuff must be done. Then once I go outside, the phone is only for calls, the occasional text message or looking up a place to eat and/or see a movie with the wife.

Interesting schedule:) i love the part "gaming and social network stuff must be done." :)

Well, im usually at work.. Either im texting, internet browsing, playing angry birds which can take up the whole day of work LOL. Thats just a few to say. ;)

Light usage. That's good.

I can understand where the poster is comming from. It's so much easier to get 'lost' online these days with all these social networking sites and online forums. Personally I don't use Facebook, twitter etc but I am on here a fair bit. It's just too easy when you've got a spare 5-10 mins to write a post or two or play a few levels of angry birds...
WOW and I tought i'm the only iphone4 owner with no facebook and twitter account !
and about ur wife do what i did buy her an iphone4 too and ur problem is solved 1oo% worked in my case !

WOW and I tought i'm the only iphone4 owner with no facebook and twitter account !
and about ur wife do what i did buy her an iphone4 too and ur problem is solved 1oo% worked in my case !

I dont have facebook nor twitter. :)

I understand the article he wrote. But it's not just the iPhone. It's other phones like the Androids as well. So he should change the title of his article to all smartphones. I have a feeling though he has a Droid phone. So this maybe an indirect hate towards the iPhone ~ I Smell he's a "Droid fanboy."

I got her a 3GS. It didn't work 100% but it has made life easier. Lol...