What's new

Outlook 2010 – Outlook does not sync with iPhone / iTunes

JGreg7

Reaction score
I have had Office 2003 working with iTunes to sync my calendar and contacts for some time, and everything worked perfectly. Recently I upgraded to Office 2010, and now the calendar will not sync. Contacts seems to sync ok, but not the calendar.

I have recently gone through several iterations of upgrades for iTunes and other MS patches and updates. Nothing changes to way that Outlook ignores the iTunes sync.

Everything worked fine until the upgrade to Office 2010. Everything else is at the latest version for iPhone 4.

Is there any way to fix this?

I have had Office 2003 working with iTunes to sync my calendar and contacts for some time, and everything worked perfectly. Recently I upgraded to Office 2010, and now the calendar will not sync. Contacts seems to sync ok, but not the calendar.

I have recently gone through several iterations of upgrades for iTunes and other MS patches and updates. Nothing changes to way that Outlook ignores the iTunes sync.

Everything worked fine until the upgrade to Office 2010. Everything else is at the latest version for iPhone 4.

Is there any way to fix this?

I had an earlier version also, and got a new laptop from work with 2010 on it, and it syncs fine.
Don't know if this will work for you, but:
I had about a month down without the laptop, so I shifted everything to Icloud (all my sync)
Then started fresh with new Itunes / Outlook, and added all my contacts and calendars,and it syncs fine.

I'm sure someone here will have an easier fix for you....

Good Luck

Trying to reinstall the itunes, especially the Apple Application Support.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything.
My misery started when I upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2010 since excel failed to print (unrelated).
When I tried to sync Outlook 2010 with the then unchanged iTunes, the calendar sync failed - nothing was transferred.
After searching this issue for a while, I found no real help, but did find several instances where Outlook 2010 was not compatible.
In an effort to resolve this issue, I removed Office 2010, and installed office 2007 which purportedly would work (at least according to multiple posts).
Summary: The existing calendar data syncs with Outlook 2003 and iTunes, but not with Outlook 2007 and iTunes.
I have not changed or added any appointments since the problem started.
I deleted all of the calendar content, and put in one test appointment, this appointment synchronized properly.
Re-importing my calendar data, it does not sync. I also tried to sync with data no older than 1 day - no luck.

Is there any data on an outlook appointment type that would prevent synching?

I have 2010 and it works good. If you have Windows 7 just install the iCloud control panel and have everything in the cloud, works great.