What's new

Otterbox

2015Girl

Reaction score
I had and otterbox and well I don’t have it anymore and so my stepmom ordered me one though amazon. Will it be okay?

Yup, it'll work, you're good. Otterbox uses same case for 7 & 8's, and 7+'s and 8+'s.

If it is an earlier model case the screen protector may be slightly off the screen when the case is on. I'd check the return policy for something like that before opening the package, I ended up tearing the screen protector out of mine to be able to use my phone.

If it is an earlier model case the screen protector may be slightly off the screen when the case is on. I'd check the return policy for something like that before opening the package, I ended up tearing the screen protector out of mine to be able to use my phone.
What do you mean the eairler modal?

MQ992LL/AA1864
MQ992LL/AA1864 is the modal I have

Earlier Otterbox model. I got mine for my 8 Plus right after the phones came out last year. I don't know if they have changed their design since then, but a lot of places both in store and online may have earlier cases like mine that have that problem.

I think it was an intentional design feature to help protect the iPhone's screen, for me it made 3D Touch and fine control impossible.

Earlier Otterbox model. I got mine for my 8 Plus right after the phones came out last year. I don't know if they have changed their design since then, but a lot of places both in store and online may have earlier cases like mine that have that problem.

I think it was an intentional design feature to help protect the iPhone's screen, for me it made 3D Touch and fine control impossible.
What do you mean?

This is slightly off topic but the other problem with the Otterbox cases is with the membrane that covers the fingerprint sensor. Eventually it hinders the sensor’s ability to properly sense my fingerprint. I’ve never needed to remove the screen protector but the membrane covering the fingerprint sensor is a different story. In spite of that, I’ll never put any other case on my phone.

This is slightly off topic but the other problem with the Otterbox cases is with the membrane that covers the fingerprint sensor. Eventually it hinders the sensor’s ability to properly sense my fingerprint. I’ve never needed to remove the screen protector but the membrane covering the fingerprint sensor is a different story. In spite of that, I’ll never put any other case on my phone.
I removed the finger membrane thing cuz it was really hard to press.