What's new

I'm New!! Please Help!!! Very incompetent guy here.

Zarnakai

Reaction score
Ok. My stepmom gave me her old iPhone 3G(I only need text and talk and sleek design) She hasn't used it in ever and she has had a 4 for sometime now. So I've never had an iPhone or smartphone before. The most advance phone I had was a Freeform II. my main question is what do I do now? How do I activate it(its off) and what do I do with the SIM(AT&T) card I already have in it? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/n...eport-post-system-tutorial-please-read-55252/Forum Report Post System Tutorial (Please Read)

iPhone Tips & Tricks

What is jailbreaking?

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

Understanding and Utilizing RedSn0w

Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

You can activate the device with a valid AT&T SIM. The SIM must have an active AT&T account on it in order for you to be able to activate it.

Ok. My stepmom gave me her old iPhone 3G(I only need text and talk and sleek design) She hasn't used it in ever and she has had a 4 for sometime now. So I've never had an iPhone or smartphone before. The most advance phone I had was a Freeform II. my main question is what do I do now? How do I activate it(its off) and what do I do with the SIM(AT&T) card I already have in it? Thanks for the help.

maybe this will help-
iPhone & Support - Apple Store (UK)

Hello, I am also new here, can you post an image to make it clearer?