What's new

OtterBox Defender loose your phone?

gray_mouse

Reaction score
You know how phone clips into defender belt clip? Well I'm wondering if carrying your phone like that could possibly make you loose it, i.e. belt clip stays on and phone falls, and you don't notice?

Anyone lost their phone like that?

You know how phone clips into defender belt clip? Well I'm wondering if carrying your phone like that could possibly make you loose it, i.e. belt clip stays on and phone falls, and you don't notice?

Anyone lost their phone like that?

The belt clip is actually pretty strong. It takes a lot of pressure (not that much where it becomes difficult) for the phone to release.

When I first received mine it took two hands to get it loose lol. It's plenty sturdy!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0)

gray mouse, I carry mine around like that all the time! With a good neck-strap hooked to the clip holding the iPhone -- it looks like a sorry sight, but my iPhone's safe as can get!!

EWyatt said:
gray mouse, I carry mine around like that all the time! With a good neck-strap hooked to the clip holding the iPhone -- it looks like a sorry sight, but my iPhone's safe as can get!!

How did you clip the neck strap from the belt clip to the phone. Or am I misunderstanding it.

yes, i also found it, a friend of mine have encountered this question.

EWyatt said:

How did you clip the neck strap from the belt clip to the phone. Or am I misunderstanding it.

Hmmmm.... Simple, but hard to explain. I have a cool looking lanyard (around the neck) that hooks to the Otterbox belt clip via a small tie-loop. The belt clip holds the iPhone most securely and the whole contraption fits around the neck and into my shirt pocket.

NERD, NERD alert!! I know, but I'm I'm paranoid about the physical security of my iPhone ver 4.1!

EWyatt said:
Hmmmm.... Simple, but hard to explain. I have a cool looking lanyard (around the neck) that hooks to the Otterbox belt clip via a small tie-loop. The belt clip holds the iPhone most securely and the whole contraption fits around the neck and into my shirt pocket.

NERD, NERD alert!! I know, but I'm I'm paranoid about the physical security of my iPhone ver 4.1!

Lol I'd love to see that system you've got going! At least you know it's secure :D!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

EWyatt said:

Nice.

I was "sort of" hoping -- before I got the iPhone -- that it would have a small frame-hole in the corner into which a simple lanyard loop could be attached. Nyet! Many/most other smartphones have this, and it allows the device to be carried in a pocket, without the monstrosity of a contraption that I have!!
But no worries!!

EWyatt said:
I was "sort of" hoping -- before I got the iPhone -- that it would have a small frame-hole in the corner into which a simple lanyard loop could be attached. Nyet! Many/most other smartphones have this, and it allows the device to be carried in a pocket, without the monstrosity of a contraption that I have!!
But no worries!!

That'd be a good idea for a new iPhone bumper actually. Lol!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff