What's new

One thing you could take from another OS

If any notification led should be taken it should be the blackberry one. The ability to edit and email word documents out of the box would be great. Another plus from the blackberry platform.

I don't understand why people want widgets all the time. The iPhone has a poor enough battery life as it is without adding more drain to it. Try Jailbreaking and seeing how much extra drain it causes.

actually All the things mentioned so far the new android phones can do, edit excel and word docs straight out of the box with no apps android can do, multi-color led notifier android can do, widgets well we all know by now android invented widgets. how many of these things can iphone do straight out of the box? ZERO.
p.s. not an iphone hater just giving the facts nothing more.

FYI - LED Notification is standard on 5.1.1.... goto Settings>General>Accessibility>LED Flash for Alerts to "On"

FYI - LED Notification is standard on 5.1.1.... goto Settings>General>Accessibility>LED Flash for Alerts to "On"

That’s not a true LED notifier that’s a camera flash LED. Which consumes like 100 times more juice than a real led notifier, there’s reason why anodroid phones have a separate led for the flash for the camera and 1 for notifier. Cause one consumes why more battery than the other. Not too mention the one on the iphone does do multi-color

Are you joking...or trying to score points..? it does the same thing...so what it's a camera flash... and your insight into using more battery...Bull...

Are you joking...or trying to score points..? it does the same thing...so what it's a camera flash... and your insight into using more battery...Bull...

not bull but fact, here i will prove my point download the flashlight app on your iphone and then turn it on and leave it on, and bet you your iphone will die before it even reaches the 6hr mark. were as the android led notifier can run all day long and won't even drain battery more than like 10% of battery life.

I'm not talking about leaving the flash light on all the time... It's an alert.. It(LED) flashes a few times to tell you that you have received an alert. How is that going to drain the battery. I can't take anything you say serious any more. Believe what you want.

****Moderated to remove insult to other member...please read the forum rules.***

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind the led notifications as long as they can be turned off at night. I hate my wife's lighthouse that blinks all night long because she got a message on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old are ...8..? I'm not talking about leaving the flash light on all the time... It's an alert.. It(LED) flashes a few times to tell you that you have received an alert. How is that going to drain the battery. I can't take anything you say serious any more. Believe what you want.
are we reverting to name calling? how low. i was trying to make a point on how the flash led consumes way more power than the a real led notifier. but i guess it was over you head.

I wouldn't mind the led notifications as long as they can be turned off at night. I hate my wife's lighthouse that blinks all night long because she got a message on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
can't you use a app like SBprofiles that will automatically turn off the notifier at night?

are we reverting to name calling? how low. i was trying to make a point on how the flash led consumes way more power than the a real led notifier. but i guess it was over you head.

Apologies for any offence....but your point was "pointless"..

keep this friendly guys or the thread will be closed.

Apologies for any offence again...:photos: