What's new

One major reservation about the iphone vs google phone

Pravius

Reaction score
One major reason why I am reserved about switching from my DX to an Iphone is google sync. I purchased my domain name through google getting additional google features for use with my domain, called google apps.

This includes gmail with my domain name @<yourdomain.com>. I use this to keep all of my customers information and personal too (addresses, phone numbers, etc.) Is there a way through the Iphone to easily sync and keep synced all of this information and have it replicate down to my Macbook Pro as well?

you can keep your droid x and tether it off your iphone if need be...sort of what I am doing but in reverse. I am staying android but have an ipod touch to tether off of my android device.

What exactly do you want to sync? I was concerned about this too, until I found out how to do it on my iPad.

Just go to your Mail settings and add a new account. Don't pick Gmail from the list though. Instead, pick Microsoft Exchange. Then when it asks for your info, put in your full gmail address and password. Then for the host (or domain, I don't remember where exactly) you put m.google.com there. It's very quick to set up. It gives you options of what to sync - Contacts, Calendar, etc... And it's very fast.

I tested it out by adding a Calendar appointment using my iPad. It showed up on my Android phone quickly with no problems. So everything stays in sync. Needless to say, this made me very happy since I use Google for everything, haha. I wouldn't even consider getting the iPhone if it couldn't do this... but it certainly can, and very easily :)

What exactly do you want to sync? I was concerned about this too, until I found out how to do it on my iPad.

Just go to your Mail settings and add a new account. Don't pick Gmail from the list though. Instead, pick Microsoft Exchange. Then when it asks for your info, put in your full gmail address and password. Then for the host (or domain, I don't remember where exactly) you put m.google.com there. It's very quick to set up. It gives you options of what to sync - Contacts, Calendar, etc... And it's very fast.

I tested it out by adding a Calendar appointment using my iPad. It showed up on my Android phone quickly with no problems. So everything stays in sync. Needless to say, this made me very happy since I use Google for everything, haha. I wouldn't even consider getting the iPhone if it couldn't do this... but it certainly can, and very easily :)

Did this last night and you saved my virtual life :)

I sure wish I had my iPhone so I could try this!!!! Thanks!