What's new

From android to iPhone ... Sync contacts?

bodean

Reaction score
How do I sync my google contacts and calendar into my iPhone 4? I set up google sync in iTunes, but it doesn't let me specify certain groups of contacts, just does them all. I've been told to a) do it in itunes, b) do it with a gmail account on phone and c) setup an exchange account.

I went the exchange account way, and have contacts in google I don't want on phone (ie they have no label in google). As for calendars, I have 2, and my wife shares one with me. The only one I see on my phone is my personal one. My work and one shared with me don't show up. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I don't recall very well how i get it done, but i remember that i used iTunes, i had to delete manually those contacts i didn't wanted to have on my device. But if you can use outlook it could be much easier to manage your contacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall very well how i get it done, but i remember that i used iTunes, i had to delete manually those contacts i didn't wanted to have on my device. But if you can use outlook it could be much easier to manage your contacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see guides for doing it in itunes, for setting up EXCHANGE on iphone, or setting up gmail on iphone....

Log into your google account on your computer and you can export your contacts and calendar into an iCard file, which you can then just email back to yourself, open the email on your iPhone and click the attachment. The iPhone will automatically read the iCard and import your calendar and contacts. Quick and easy.