What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

Does anyone know if it is possible to update your iPhone apps using your computer? I haven't been able to connect to wifi at all since updating to iOs7 a few weeks ago, and I need to update some apps. I'm not willing to pay cell data fees to do that! Can I connect my iPhone to my MacBook and do updates online?

Don't even get me started on how to fix the wifi issue. I have tried absolutely EVERY fix suggested (including putting the phone in the freezer!) and nothing nothing nothing works. Sorry, but this dedicated Mac user will be switching to a different mobile phone as soon as my contract with Bell runs out!!!

Does anyone know if it is possible to update your iPhone apps using your computer? I haven't been able to connect to wifi at all since updating to iOs7 a few weeks ago, and I need to update some apps. I'm not willing to pay cell data fees to do that! Can I connect my iPhone to my MacBook and do updates online?

Don't even get me started on how to fix the wifi issue. I have tried absolutely EVERY fix suggested (including putting the phone in the freezer!) and nothing nothing nothing works. Sorry, but this dedicated Mac user will be switching to a different mobile phone as soon as my contract with Bell runs out!!!

It's possible. Just make sure the AppleID logged into iTunes is the same as the one on your device and you should be able to update

Sent from my iPad Mini

Hi All. I hope you can assist me. My sister wants to upgrade from iOS 6, not sure on the exact version (Does it matter?) to 7.0.3 (Latest release?) without deleting anything on the phone but I heard apparently that updating to iOS 7.0.3 deleted all content on the phone even if you don't want it to. My brother in law updated his to 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 and didn't face any content loss whatsoever. In iOS 7.0.3 content is deleted off the iPhone and restores it to factory settings and that's not what she wants, she just wants a seamless upgrade without loosing any content on her phone. I know iTunes backstop most content like camera roll but she doesn't want to lose her music or other photos she manually synced to her device as well as contacts. Can you please assist me in what I can do?? Please, Thanks all so much for reading this Please could you reply ASAP, would be much appreciated :)

Thanks Daniel

Hi All. I hope you can assist me. My sister wants to upgrade from iOS 6, not sure on the exact version (Does it matter?) to 7.0.3 (Latest release?) without deleting anything on the phone but I heard apparently that updating to iOS 7.0.3 deleted all content on the phone even if you don't want it to. My brother in law updated his to 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 and didn't face any content loss whatsoever. In iOS 7.0.3 content is deleted off the iPhone and restores it to factory settings and that's not what she wants, she just wants a seamless upgrade without loosing any content on her phone. I know iTunes backstop most content like camera roll but she doesn't want to lose her music or other photos she manually synced to her device as well as contacts. Can you please assist me in what I can do?? Please, Thanks all so much for reading this Please could you reply ASAP, would be much appreciated :) Thanks Daniel

Updating to iOS 7 should not delete all the phones content. That said, it's always a good idea to back up everything to iCloud and iTunes before updating to any new major operating system. Glitches can happen. After I updated to iOS 7, I was missing info in a few of my contacts. About 4 profile photos and a few email addresses were gone. That was easy enough to add back in. Just make sure everything is backed up. I don't know of anyone who lost all their content updating to iOS 7.

Updating to iOS 7 should not delete all the phones content. That said, it's always a good idea to back up everything to iCloud and iTunes before updating to any new major operating system. Glitches can happen. After I updated to iOS 7, I was missing info in a few of my contacts. About 4 profile photos and a few email addresses were gone. That was easy enough to add back in. Just make sure everything is backed up. I don't know of anyone who lost all their content updating to iOS 7.

Thanks so much for the reply, does iTunes backup back everything up though? What doesnt it backup? Is it sufficient for most things?

It may or may not backup your media. The dependency is whether they're purchased from iTunes, or, if the soft-copies are stored on the device. Apps will need to be synced over to iTunes if not done so already. Everything else will be backed up, which includes photos, app data, contacts, messages, etc.

It may or may not backup your media. The dependency is whether they're purchased from iTunes, or, if the soft-copies are stored on the device. Apps will need to be synced over to iTunes if not done so already. Everything else will be backed up, which includes photos, app data, contacts, messages, etc.

Even photos that are not in your camera roll?

Even photos that are not in your camera roll?

Wallpaper and camera roll will be backed up. If you're referring to photos cached in a different directory because of a specific app that you have, they may or may not be backed up depending on where the app's cache directory is. If the app saves it to your photos.app directory (wallpaper, camera roll and other folders that are accessible through Photos.app), it should be backed up as well

Wallpaper and camera roll will be backed up. If you're referring to photos cached in a different directory because of a specific app that you have, they may or may not be backed up depending on where the app's cache directory is. If the app saves it to your photos.app directory (wallpaper, camera roll and other folders that are accessible through Photos.app), it should be backed up as well

Well I'm talking about photos that are synced from iTunes to the iPhone. Will those be backed up or not

If you synced them through iTunes via a specific directory on your computer, meaning they photos that you synced from PC to iOS device was already on your device. Unless you've deleted it, they're on your computer. And yes, backing up your device via iTunes will backup all photos, SMS, notes, Settings.app preferences, contacts, and a few other stock Apple app's worth of data, and of course, app data as well.

If you synced them through iTunes via a specific directory on your computer, meaning they photos that you synced from PC to iOS device was already on your device. Unless you've deleted it, they're on your computer. And yes, backing up your device via iTunes will backup all photos, SMS, notes, Settings.app preferences, contacts, and a few other stock Apple app's worth of data, and of course, app data as well.

Thank you sir for responding. That's great to hear

There's actually a lot that's backed up. If you want to break it down, you can create a backup of your device, then open it up using iBackupBot. It will branch out all directories, such as music, photos, videos, application data, SMS, contacts, etc, and the list goes on. If there's something specific, you can probably look through it and see if it's accessible through iBackupBot

I did lose my game achievements when I upgraded from my iPhone 4 to the 5. I had no way around that.