What's new

Official "evasi0n" iOS 6.0 - 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak Thread

You will have to upgrade to iOS 6.1 - which will make the phone stock until you run the evasi0n jailbreak. So, yeah, you'll have to restore it to stock.

Do note that you'll have to/need to do this via iTunes.

Marilyn

Users, recommendation. INSTALL MOBILESUBSTRATE. This allows for you to go into Safe Mode if any tweak you installed is incompatible with your device and iOS combination and can cause you to be stuck on the Apple logo or to boot loop.

Yep, worked, jb'd but most things in cydia I'm getting the same error. Oh well. I'm sure it's due to everyone being on it at once.

Also when I try to install most things such as mobile substrate I get 404not found.

Last edited:
Cydia is installed. Now we need an up to date list of apps and tweaks that work with IOS 6!

Successfully jailbroke my 4s at work... I work for AppleCare, so that makes it a little more satisfying to do it on an Apple owned computer. LOL

my iphone 4s is unlocked on 6.0.1 and i hear alot of people having to restore their devices if i have a problem and have to restore will it automatically update to 6.1 because i'm not trying to lose the unlock on my phone

my iphone 4s is unlocked on 6.0.1 and i hear alot of people having to restore their devices if i have a problem and have to restore will it automatically update to 6.1 because i'm not trying to lose the unlock on my phone

That depends on the method of unlocking that you use if you are using an MEI or carrier unlock you will not have to worry about upgrading because all IMEI unlocks are not affected by restores however if you are using a Gevey Sim Altra you will have to preserve the baseband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

That depends on the method of unlocking that you use if you are using an MEI or carrier unlock you will not have to worry about upgrading because all IMEI unlocks are not affected by restores however if you are using a Gevey Sim Altra you will have to preserve the baseband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 
i have the gevey sim is it to risky to jailbreak? and if i restore my phone does it automatically update ?

If you have the Gevey, you're fine as long as you preserve your baseband. I haven't checked whether this jailbreak is supported with the Gevey yet but I would say no it hasn't. iOS 6.1 will still work on the Gevey is all I know.

Users, recommendation. INSTALL MOBILESUBSTRATE. This allows for you to go into Safe Mode if any tweak you installed is incompatible with your device and iOS combination and can cause you to be stuck on the Apple logo or to boot loop.
If I may, Willerz, you actually need both MobileSubstrate and MobileSubstrateSafeMode to make WinterBoard work. One without the other other will cause the Apple boot loop some are experiencing. WinterBoard usually also takes two full reboots. But the boot loop some of you are experiencing after the install of WinterBoard is because Cydia stopped mid-getting all of the files you needed (called "dependency files") Because it's been bombarded and is not loading everything.

If you're tired of waiting for Cydia I can at least help you get WinterBoard (it's a free tweak - never use pirated tweaks!) installed on your phone if you have some Themes that are 6.1 ready already saved somewhere on your computer.

You need to get iFunBox to get into your phone without having to SSH in.

Because I don't know about the stability of your phone right now I will take you back to the beginning. Restore your phone to 6.1 from iTunes.
(UNLESS YOU RELY ON AN ULTRASNOW UNLOCK) And re-jailbreak with Evasi0n.

--------------
• First go grab this .zip file I've made of the Winterboard .deb file and its related dependency files that you'll need.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24971703/WinterBoard_Dependendencies.zip
Save that to your desktop - you'll need it later. It's the most up to date version of Winterboard from Cydia last night before the servers got killed. There were no updates after it. It's certified 6.1 ready.

• Now open iFunBox and clik on RAW FILE SYSTEM at the bottom (after you've plugged in your phone). You'll see a series of folders at the right
• Double click on var, then on root, then on Media.
• In the Media folder now - Create a folder (see "new folder" button top left?) and name it exactly this, including capital and small letters: Cydia
• Then double click on your new Cydia folder that you see.
• Then make a folder (same way as before) inside it called AutoInstall (the capital 'A' and 'I' are necessary).
• Now if you haven't unzipped the file you downloaded - do that now.
• Back in iFunBox clik on "Copy FROM Mac (or PC)". Go navigate to that folder that contains "6" .deb files. Shift click on each one so all 6 are highlighted and chosen then clik on OPEN at the bottom of the window (I'm doing this from Mac - Windows windows may look different).
This will copy all 6 files (Mobile Substrate, MobileSubstrateSafeMode, pincrush, libhide, PerformanceLoader and Winterboard) into your phone's Cydia/AutoInstall folder.

• Unplug your phone from your computer.
• Now click on the Power button (on top of phone) and hold until you see the slide button to turn off phone. Turn it off.
--After you see the spinning power down wheel. It will go black.
• Turn back on your phone by holding power button for 2 sec. This may take SOME time to come all the back on.
• If it comes back up - turn phone back off and on again (called: Rebooting) for the 2nd time.
--You should see Winterboard on your Springboard ready to go.
• If after the first power off you get stuck at Apple logo again for a LOOONG time. Clik on Power button and Home button together until phone --goes off and then release Home button while HOLDING Power button until phone comes on, then release power button.
--This is called HardBooting. This may be needed even a third time.

Hope all goes well. It worked for me and many others today who were stuck in the same situation.

Last edited: