What's new

Official "evasi0n" iOS 6.0 - 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak Thread

I'm just referring to MobileSubstrate and/or MobileSubstrateSafeMode for maintenance. For users that end up installing a fragmented package, you can troubleshoot using MobileSubstrate.

I'm just referring to MobileSubstrate and/or MobileSubstrateSafeMode for maintenance. For users that end up installing a fragmented package, you can troubleshoot using MobileSubstrate.
With where the jailbreak is today and Cydia being killed people won't be able to get Winterboard working without both loaded onto their phones. That's why I mentioned the method. On without the other will also cause a boot loop as it has for a bunch today so far. Including me. :(

Well not only Winterboard alone. I got the same result on my first iPad trying to get SBSettings. Then I raged for a few minutes, then remembered that I have the debian packages saved already from yesterday and the day before that I ripped off of Cydia, so I just manually installed them all :p

Well not only Winterboard alone. I got the same result on my first iPad trying to get SBSettings. Then I raged for a few minutes, then remembered that I have the debian packages saved already from yesterday and the day before that I ripped off of Cydia, so I just manually installed them all :p
Yeah. I spent most of the last two days getting all the .deb files and dependencies from Cydia. Then kept updating my 5.1.1 4S in Cydia right down to the minute of this morning - when SBSettings still had a few files left it updated before the JB released. So I have pretty much everything and haven't had to wait for Cydia today at all. But not everybody is as geeky as we must be, Willerz. LOL!!!

I have almost all my tweaks loaded and working now. Some a little more buggier than others. And I sure wish Gridlock was working. It causes crash though. Not updated yet - at least I don't think so.

I'm head nerd in the office. Heck, I could care less, I'm enjoying a nice dinner compliments of the company for jailbreaking all but 3 iDevices that I know of.

But truth be told, the traffic is a lot slower now. I could even update my tweaks and apps using 3G and 4G. RUN EVERYBODY, DON'T STAHP

i keep getting internal server errors and host unreachable so traffic must still be pretty heavy

Same here. I thought I did something wrong. I'm such a newbie with this part :)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

seems something is up with the JB. I did it on my 4s that I restored to 6.1. When you reboot, it usually gets stuck at the apple logo until you reboot a few times and then it books. Anyone know why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

seems something is up with the JB. I did it on my 4s that I restored to 6.1. When you reboot, it usually gets stuck at the apple logo until you reboot a few times and then it books. Anyone know why?
A partially downloaded Cydia dependency file can cause that. People tried Winterboard first and only got half the files needed with it. Causing a lot of stuck on Apple logo problems today.

So after a whole day my phone is finally the way it should be with all my fav tweaks and mods :) god i missed this. Not updating ever again till there is a jailbreak for what ever update lol apple maps was not worth losing jailbreak for that many months xD

hi. i upgraded my 4s for this jailbreak and now my gevey sim wont work. is it because of baseband? if so, can i downgrade, or sort it out? thanks you.

hi. i upgraded my 4s for this jailbreak and now my gevey sim wont work. is it because of baseband? if so, can i downgrade, or sort it out? thanks you.
Unfortunately no. There were warnings posted about losing your Gevey unlock status if you upgrade without waiting for the ultrasn0w(I think?) tool. But if it is an AT&T phone you can get a factory unlock for very cheap on eBay.

As stated above, unfortunately, updating has updated your Baseband and made your Gevey unusable. You cannot downgrade your iPhone's Baseband. Requesting an unlock from the originating wireless provider or a paid IEMI unlock is your only option now.

iOS 6.1 has been confirmed to work with baseband 03.00.04, but does not work for baseband 03.04.01. Will update this in the Unlocking Guide

Does anyone know if face break will work with ios6. It keeps saying incompatible. Or is there something similar that will work.