What's new

Official "evasi0n" iOS 6.0 - 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak Thread

WHat about the Blob situation mentioned in the first post? Has that changed now? It originally said that if you did not save your 6.01 Blob for the 4s and 5 devices you will not be able to jailbreak. Does that still hold true? I saved my 6.01 on my 4s but my son never listened to me and did not know about Blobs only Jailbreak back many years ago for the ipod 3 when you really never had to worry about them he said. He has an Iphone 5 currently.

Not having blobs does not mean not being able to jailbreak. Blobs have nothing to do with jailbreaking. Blobs only affect your ability to restore to an iOS that's no longer being signed, and in the case where your device happens to require a restore to fix a problem that's come up, blobs have to be there if you want to restore back to the iOS that you're currently on when the signing window is no longer open.

Not having blobs does not mean not being able to jailbreak. Blobs have nothing to do with jailbreaking. Blobs only affect your ability to restore to an iOS that's no longer being signed, and in the case where your device happens to require a restore to fix a problem that's come up, blobs have to be there if you want to restore back to the iOS that you're currently on when the signing window is no longer open.

I am a bit confused here. I understand blobs are needed to restore to an earlier version if still being signed but I also thought that is part of how the jailbreak works making itunes believe its signed so you can restore to a jailbreak firmware right?

You're making this more complicated than it has to be. Why we need blobs is the exact same situation that iPhone 4S users have now. The iPhone 4S can ONLY be re-restored if you have blobs and the proper APTickets saved, which can be done by restoring using iTunes and saving your blobs. Many iPhone 4S users now are experiencing problems because they fiddled with the wrong tweaks and settings, and they're forced to upgrade to iOS 6 because they failed to restore their device through iTunes and to save their blobs. This has NOTHING to do with being able to jailbreak or not. Blobs are used to restore back to a jailbreakable iOS in the case that you need to downgrade or re-restore your iDevice.

SHSH Blobs are unique to each device on each iOS

APTickets are unique to each RESTORE made on the device.

APTickets are equally as important as blobs when you want to restore back to a jailbreakable iOS.

Ok I'm updated to 6.1 on my ip5 and ipad4. My "blobs" are saved via tiny umbrella on my PC. I AM GOING CRAZY WAITING ON THIS JAILBRAKE! Please I hope it's today...

I have been walking up every few hours to check if it's out. Having a hard time staying asleep. Really hope it's out today there at 85% according to the site.

Exactly. I keep refreshing their site on my phone while stuck here at work. Really really really hoping its today.

I have this site and 4 others all synced to my iphone 5. To alert me on any new posts or threads in various threads. Everytime it goes off I'm expecting to see it lol

They're probably waiting for the Super Bowl kickoff to launch it! Lol

No hurries. In my opinion, I'd rather have it delayed for 2-3 days than for Planetbeing to get all ticked off again from lack of sleep. If you note his Tweets, he's getting pretty aggravated with his responses.

Really? He hasn't tweeted in 19h and it does not seem to hold any emotion in the tweet it looks like he is plainly giving information of the progress

This better not be dreamjailbreak all over again !!!

Just kidding
This looks legit
Give them time it will be released soon

Patience is key !!!