What's new

Official "evasi0n" iOS 6.0 - 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak Thread

Pretty sure that's a fake. The Twitter accts for the devs have released no timetable of any kind yet. There will be a lot of fake out going on our there these next few days.

It's just an event time calculator... for the anticipated date and an estimated time @ 12:00 EST on Sunday. No worries... 😄

im conflicted, i am new to ios.. coming from android with root and being able to theme and apply roms was so much fun. i look forward to the jailbreak but i wish it was going to be released saturday because my sunday schedule is booked, kids baseball games, superbowl, and getting ready for the work week. i just dont think i will be able to fit it in my schedule <selfish i know> but i can look at it from the posistive side maybe some of the startup bugs will be sorted out by next weekend.

manna from heaven sweet nectar of life! im gonna have one cool phone! already got it fully carbon fiber wrapped, time to tinker!

Last edited:
I just want to thank you. The way you just answer questions without hesitation even though they have been answered multiple time.
No problem. That's what we're here for... to help each other out. &#128516;

If I may be so bold as to add - unless there is a reason why not, we recommend upgrading to the highest jail breakable iOS before doing a jail break; in this case it's iOS 6.1.

That way, you have the most current iOS loaded on your phone and are prepared in case Apple releases another update (that is not jail breakable).

It's ALWAYS the better bet to be as current in your iOS as you can.

Just FYI...

Marilyn

Yes through iTunes as it won't conflict with the jailreak process

Do you have the latest version of iTunes ? 11. Something ....

What phone you using

ok got it now that was weird. i have automatic updates checked, then i just went manually to check updates and it just told me itunes 11.0.1 and ios 6.1 is available

Last edited: