What's new

Notifications Stopped

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
Hi,

Any suggestions as to what might be going on with my iphone 5s? I always got notifications of new emails, etc., and all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, they stopped. I checked notications in Settings, and they are all still turned on. The phone is not in do not disturb mode either. Tried rebooting the phone, but that did not work either.

P.S. Have some of the forums been removed from this site? I thought there was one for iphone 5, 5s, etc., but I do not see them today.

Thanks!

Did you check each individual setting? Are your alert styles set to Banners or Alerts?
Check they are not set to None.

To answer your second question we do still have iPhone 5 and 5s forums.

Hi Poisonivy,

They are set to sorted manually. In each category, e.g. phone, Allow Notifications is set to On. Notification sound is on Opening (default). Badge App Icon is On. Show on Lock Screen is On. And, it looks like there are three icons for Alert Style When Unlocked. The third icon says Alerts and has a ring drawn around the word Alerts. I just tapped it to None. Will that help? I do not recall changing this, which is why I am surprised that the notifications sounds have stopped.

Thanks.

I just sent myself an email from one of my email addresses to another, but I did not get a notification. The gmail is set to None instead of Alert. Something is wrong. I should be getting an audible signal whence an email or a chat comes in. I always used to do.

It looks like you have everything set up, You should put your alert style back to Alerts.
It is surprising that they just stopped, I'll keep digging around and see if I can come up with anything.
Set all your alert styles to Alerts if you haven't already.

Try toggling Allow Notifications off and on again on each one you use, It can't hurt.

It also looks like your gmail got set to none-change this back to alert or banner.