What's new

Notes won't save additional lines

carolene

Reaction score
I was typing a grocery list. I went to add some items and hit done. It looked like it was saving, but it reverted back to the original list. The list has about 15 - 20 items on it so it's not very big. Any ideas?

Sounds like a little glitch or a mistaken fingertap....notes allows you to add all you want to them.

I have the exact same problem...

I've tried rebooting it several times and it doesn't seem to work...

The only "solution" I found was to create an additional (separate) note, but still, very annoying glitch...

I would gladly see that someone had a solution for this :S

Experiencing the same problem and also finding that some notes disappear only to reappear at a later time. Also have had "No Notes" come up as well only showing a blank screen as if I had never entered.

I was typing a grocery list. I went to add some items and hit done. It looked like it was saving, but it reverted back to the original list. The list has about 15 - 20 items on it so it's not very big. Any ideas?

Download Grocery IQ from iTunes. My wife uses it all the time when she is compiling her shopping list. It's free too!

I am having the same problem. I have tried everything, and found that when I sync the phone to itunes, my changes come back. I don't know if that will work every time, and it's going to be a pain when I'm away from the computer. Any suggestions?

Called Apple, and the iphone4 automatically links up with your exchange or gmail accounts and syncs your notes there. So, you can't make changes because your phone is syncing to the online accounts when on 3G or wireless and the account is overriding the phone.

First, go to your email account online and go to the notes folder/tab. E-mail all the notes to yourself (an account that is linked to your phone) OR make sure that you can access the "notes" folder through your email account in iphone.

Next, on your phone, go to:

settings

mail, contacts, calendars

tap on each email account you have set up and make sure the "notes" button is in the "off" position.

Then, open the email account you sent the notes to and go back to the notes app. - It should show "no notes"

Copy and paste the notes from your email into your notes (on the phone this time).

It should now save everything to the phone and sync it to itunes with no problem. Just make sure if you turn on the "notes" switch in your email accounts again, you know that they are being sent online to your email account and are not on the phone itself.

Hope this helps!