What's new

Notes gone missing

john46

Reaction score
Hello all,
My notes have disappeared off my iPhone, can any suggest a way of getting them back.

Notes ate usually synced with an email account. I use Yahoo and iCloud for my notes.

If I delete my Yahoo! Account...all my notes disappear. If I add the account again, and make sure Notes is toggled in then they all come back.

all my notes disappeared on iphone 4s today. I found all my notes in my phones gmail trash bin. Just have to copy and paste them back to the notes app. Hope this helps

all my notes disappeared on iphone 4s today. I found all my notes in my phones gmail trash bin. Just have to copy and paste them back to the notes app. Hope this helps

Thanks, Wiigod. I took a look at my Yahoo mail account. My missing notes were not in the Yahoo trash bin, but I discovered a folder called "Notes" in the folders area. I opened the Notes folder and found my missing notes in email form.

$image-4236894127.jpg

Make sure you turn on the Notes. If you turn accidentally turn off then it will not appear your notes inside Notes app.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Thanks, Wiigod. I took a look at my Yahoo mail account. My missing notes were not in the Yahoo trash bin, but I discovered a folder called "Notes" in the folders area. I opened the Notes folder and found my missing notes in email form.

I found mine there too. Is there a way to get them back on my phone...I hope that isn't a stupid question.

Go to Mails and Calendar in Settings, and turn Notes fetching on.

All my notes have disappeared on my phone. Anyone know how to retrieve theses notes on iPhone?

What is the default account for saving Notes? You can find it in Settings->Notes->Default account for Siri. If you had Yahoo or another email checked, you can sometimes find the notes as a folder in the email folder list on your computer.
Also, they might be on a recent backup of the iPhone.

Wiigod...how did you find them?...under what? Were they all together under "Notes" or were they scattered? Thanks. Mine did the same thing on my 4s...restored by backup...and within 5 minutes they disappeared again!

Wiigod...how did you find them?...under what? Were they all together under "Notes" or were they scattered? Thanks. Mine did the same thing on my 4s...restored by backup...and within 5 minutes they disappeared again!
He's not likely to respond as he hasn't been on the forum in over 6 years.