What's new

Help! My notes have disappeared.

Noll

Reaction score
Since updating 2 days ago, all my notes have disappeared. This is a disaster for me, I had so much in there that is important. Can anyone help me get them back please?

Since updating 2 days ago, all my notes have disappeared. This is a disaster for me, I had so much in there that is important. Can anyone help me get them back please?
Did you back up your iPhone before doing the update? Without a backup there's, unfortunately, no way to recover your missing notes.

No, I'm afraid I didn't. I would need help with that. How is it done, please.
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, backing up after your notes disappeared won't recover your missing notes. For the future, you can backup your phone while it's connected to itunes on your computer by tapping the backup button on the summary page for your iphone. You can also back up to iCloud by going to Settings>iCloud>Backup and turning on iCloud backup.

Thanks for that information, scifan57. As you can probably guess, I'm not that tec savvy, but trying to be better.
I've copied that info to my computer so I have no excuse for not backing up in future. I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks for that information, scifan57. As you can probably guess, I'm not that tec savvy, but trying to be better.
I've copied that info to my computer so I have no excuse for not backing up in future. I appreciate your assistance.
Thanks, I'm glad you found the info useful.

Actually, there is a possibility they got synced and then removed through your email. Which program do you have your notes synced to? I had mine synced through Yahoo and for some reason they disappeared from my phone, but luckily they were listed under "notes" on the online version. They were easy to find on my pc. You may want to look online for your notes!

Check you Notes folder in your email. To see the Notes folder, you must go to Settings >Mail,Contacts,Calendars > Email account > Toggle OFF Notes. Yes, OFF. Sounds backwards, but it works. You must have deleted the email address from in the Notes app. After recovering your notes, toggle notes off in all email accounts. Toggle Notes ON in iCloud. No more problems.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Found them! Bless you all for replying, you jogged my mind into remembering about my iPad mini. there they are, all safe and snug. What can I say, silver surfer and all that. the iPad is used by hubby most of the time, but he plays games, not interested in much on the net. I now have them backed up too. Thank you all so much.