What's new

Not receiving notification e-mails

DaveM

Reaction score
Sorry to use this thread category, but I don't see a category for forum issues. When I post to a thread I used to get an email notification that someone else had posted to the same thread. In the past few months I no longer receive those emails. My preference settings haven't changed. See below. I tried unchecking the option to receive email notifications of replies, saving, and then rechecking and saving again. No difference. The emails aren't being sent to a spam or junk folder.

Preferences.JPG

Have you tried logging out and logging back in again?

In every thread, you can select whether of not to receive email notification as well. You'll either find "Watch Thread" or "UnwatchThread" at the top. When you tap it, you can take a look at your settings for the thread:
image.jpeg

That's a screenshot from my iPad, it looks similar on the iPhone, or a computer.

In every thread, you can select whether of not to receive email notification as well. You'll either find "Watch Thread" or "UnwatchThread" at the top. When you tap it, you can take a look at your settings for the thread.

Yep, I always leave those checked. The threads show that they're watched, but still no notifications. I actually even went into my webmail to make sure that the notifications weren't being stopped before I could download them to Outlook, but there's nothing there either.

Your email address is still right in your forum settings?
Yes. I just came back to mention that if I go into the "Watched Threads" option all of the threads are there, too. Here's a capture of the email settings, with my actual email username blocked.
Capture.JPG

I've just received an email with your reply, so the feature is certainly working.

I do use Tapatalk, but probably only 1 reply out of 10 is sent from it. I never initiate a thread from Tapatalk. So the far greatest majority of everything done in these forums is just through the Chrome browser on my Windows computer.

Well now this is weird. Suddenly I've begun receiving email notifications again. Haven't made any changes to any settings, just suddenly started working. Maybe this would be a good day for me to play the lottery. :)