What's new

Nokia N900 better than iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what ever works for you :) doesent matter if its the iphone blackberry nokia sony ericsson...

personally i had the n97 and moved to nokia from the iphone 3g then back to the iphone 4 and glad i did... things like the backlight refusing to stay on and only being able to have it on for 60 seconds max even when i am using an app..

the fact that firmware updates are released at different times depending on what country/carrier and even COLOUR nokia you have.. the fact that language support is different for each country.. thats not really a problem for english only speakers but for me i hated it..

all the reasons why i dumped my iphone to go back to nokia when i had the nokia i thought this is crap ill never buy another nokia.. the n900 was supposed to be much better though but i never bought one to find out...

app store is much better then crappy ovi store that thing had useless apps in it,,

pc suite? that thing is a joke i hate it..

my iphone 3g had better picture quality then my nokia n97's camera and the iphone 3g had a 2mp camera compared to the nokias 5mp one..

but it does have its advantages im not trying to bash nokia..

being able to select any mp3 and use it as a ringtone or sms tone with the iphone i cant even use my own sms tone.. with ringtone i have to sit there converting a mp3 and making sure its under 30 seconds unless i jailbreak... apple try tell me what i can and cannot install on my iphone its stupid and nokia dont care they just put a warning its at your own risk what you put on there... nokia allow bluetooth send/receive and apple give some lame excuse to cripple it.. functions that should already be on the iphone you have to jailbreak in order to get it... apple are control freaks and will never change..

so both have their ups and down you just gotta see what works for you and go with it.. who cares what any one else uses just use what works for you..

i used to buy nothing but nokias i wouldent even think about models when buying a new phone. it would be like i need a new phone.. straight onto the nokia website to see whats the newest and best model...

also the hardware keyboard can make gaming much easier some times.. touch screen only can be annoying.

well any way happy xmas nokia user and i hope you will post us some nice info about your nokia.. did you get the 32GB model?

well any way happy xmas nokia user and i hope you will post us some nice info about your nokia.. did you get the 32GB model?

It only comes in 32gb, sorry to hear
you have swapped to an iphone although as you say if its better for you fair enough.
just a few simple little things N900 can do swap battery if it goes flat, use the touch screen with gloves on especially at this time of year.
run many different os meego andriod easy debian ubuntu mobile and many more i can't remember right now, 95% or more of the apps are free because the os (maemo 5 nothing like symbian) is open source i can customise anything i want.
34 apps open multitasking i did the other week just to test it out.
im sure there might be some feature you could list that N900 cant do?

merry xmas to you aswell

It only comes in 32gb, sorry to hear
you have swapped to an iphone although as you say if its better for you fair enough.
just a few simple little things N900 can do swap battery if it goes flat, use the touch screen with gloves on especially at this time of year.
run many different os meego andriod easy debian ubuntu mobile and many more i can't remember right now, 95% or more of the apps are free because the os (maemo 5 nothing like symbian) is open source i can customise anything i want.
34 apps open multitasking i did the other week just to test it out.
im sure there might be some feature you could list that N900 cant do?

merry xmas to you aswell

only coming in 32Gb model is no bad thing.... the iphone with its 16 and 32 i wouldent get the 16 its not enough space. but for some its more then enough and 100 cheaper so it works out well for them who dont need the space.

i never carried a spare with me on any of my nokias but that is a very big plus side... though on the iphone you can get cases that act as a second battery so you get double battery life.

yes about the golves thing that was a major better thing about the touch screen on the nokia n97 and i believe two firmware updates later they also introduced kinetic scrolling but its not easy to use with gloves on i found.

im not trying to bash nokia as i said before and there are plenty of things i can do on my iphone the nokia cant and there are plenty the nokia can do that the iphone does not have as i mentioned some like the bluetooth send/receive ..

iphone you get free find my iphone so you login to a website and it tells you exactly where your phone is and you can make it beep or send it messages or if its stolen whipe everything on the phone or even lock it so the person cant use it...

both are very good phones in their own way..

the more free apps the better.. in the app store every one wants to charge because some devs make well over 200.000 in a few months

iphone you get free find my iphone so you login to a website and it tells you exactly where your phone is and you can make it beep or send it messages or if its stolen whipe everything on the phone or even lock it so the person cant use it
yeah N900 has the option to do that aswell.
it sounds like we both enjoy our phones very much for what they can do.
i've got to go out now so enjoy the rest of your day.

Not a very good troll lol. Do iPhone people go on Nokia sites and talk about how great IPhones are? I hope not but the answer is probably yes. It is a competition for many people.

Hello, I'm a former N97 user--and I still like it, but not as much as my iphone4....LOL. Really.

Closing thread as this is not about iPhone and all are happy. This is a free world and buyers choice that is why nokia, samsung and all the other companies exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.