What's new

No wifi, need to jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1

SadPanda

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am really having a tough time and I am praying that somebody will have a solution for me. I have an iPhone 3G that was on iOS3 (don’t remember exact number but I know I used Blackra1n). I upgraded it to iOS 4 and it got really slow and my wifi stopped working. I upgraded again and am currently on iOS 4.2.1. My Baseband is 05.15.04. Wifi still doesn’t work.
How can I jailbreak this phone and get the wifi working again? Keep in mind I do not have wifi or any sort of cellular data (I was using a non-ATT sim card).
Thank you in advance for helping me and have a merry Christmas! J

Hi Panda... welcome to iPF.net!! Unfortunately here... I don't think performing a jailbreak is going to make your Wifi start working again. JBing isn't a fix... it simply allows you to exersize your iPhone the way you see fit. Not how Apple sees fit.

I'm sorry if I posted two questions in the same thread. I am basically looking for a fix on how to get my Wifi working again. I know that it was a common problem to have it stop working when upgrading to iOS 4. I am not sure how to proceed.

Ok I see what you're saying. Update to 5.0.1 via iTunes then Jailbreak w/ redsnOw. It'll be a tethered JB though.