What's new

No way to exit safe mode ?

mikeshauling

Reaction score
Why cant i exit safe mode without shutting off the phone ? I have a 4S and just JB on 7.0.4

Everything went just fine, or so i thought.

I only installed the 3 cydia items that were suggested in the JB thread,,afc2add, OpenSSH and MobileTerminal.

Now anytime I put icons into jiggle mode and hit the home button to exit jiggle mode, it enters safe mode. I cant get out of it without shutting the phone off ...

I hit restart or ok in safe mode but nothing happens. I have looked for an answer but nothing seems to pop up in here !

Substrate Safe Mode's UI features aren't updated yet. Saurik removed safe mode from the core and needs to be updated. You'll need to find alternatives that installs an actual icon onto your springboard that you can tap on to trigger a respring. I'll see if I can find the deb of the one I'm using.

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

Thanks , i was thinking of you when i posted this !! I am also looking for a respring icon too. Im just surprised at the crash from something so simple as entering then exiting jiggle mode !! kinda weird ....

I was pretty happy JB with 5.1.1 but alot of things were being dropped or unsupported so i figured i would try IOS 7 and hope for a solid JB , like 5.1.1 was !!

I think i am gonna start over fresh and try again, since i dont have anything from Cydia and it is so easy to do

This should be the one that I'm using. It should install 2 icons on your springboard, one being TSReboot, one being TSRespring. It works in and out of safe mode, so it's universally useful in sorts as they're standalone. Either use iFunBox to install it (requires afc2add package installed through Cydia) or you can SSH onto your device, transfer and install the package.

Last edited:
Thanks...I APPRECIATE all the help you give on this forum !! I know i dont post much , but i see TONS of your helpful posts on here....im sure alot of other newbie dwellers do too !!

Ok, i ended up restoring and JB fresh. I seem to be fine now.

I ended up using activator , it has a respring setting that i am using ! It also seems to have some updated things from when i used it with 5.1.1

Thanks again

Not sure if the gesture will work in Safe Mode. You can try it out by booting into safe mode then see if the gesture works. Either the gesture or opening up Activator in Settings.app may give you the message that Activator cannot be used in Safe Mode (like on the older iOS) and that you have to respring before you can use it, and if you choose to respring, it'll kick your device into a respring.

LOL,,,I realized this after i posted it ! DUH !! haha i will try your earlier suggestions , so far its fine ! But we all know it doesnt always stay that way with a fresh IOS JB !

EDIT ... I added you to my sources and installed BOOTSTRAP . It added TSReboot & TSRespring to my SB !

Last edited: