What's new

No volume need help

bloombloom88

Reaction score
I'm running iOS 8.1.3 on my 6 plus and have had no major issues until this morning. I no longer have any volume at all. No keyboard click no message tone or ringer.. This is getting very annoying, I'm assuming this is a software issue? Does anybody know how to fix this? I have done multiple hard restarts holding the home and sleep button but with no change, as well as closing out background apps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you mute your device? Check the switch - if the red part is visible, sound is turned off.

Forgot about that, no it is not on mute

In Settings - Sounds: enable "Change with Buttons".

In Settings - Music: slide to maximum volume in Volume Limit.

Change with buttons is on and I've never had the volume limit enabled in music

Is "Do Not Disturb" enabled? Are just system sounds disabled, or is it impossible to listen to music as well?

Do not disturbed is not on, I have no sounds whatsoever unless I have headphones plugged in, then all sounds work via headphones

Look at your headphone jack. Maybe there's some debris. If so, try removing it cautiously.

If you don't find anything there, try this:
Insert the headphones once or twice, play some music, then stop it and remove the headphones.

Jack is clear and plugging in the headphones didn't change anything

A few more things:
Look at the lightning connector, make sure it's clean.

Restart your iPhone.

Make sure sound is not completely turned off: increase the volume using the Volume buttons.

If this doesn't help, there's nothing else left to do but restore your iPhone using iTunes on your computer.

All connectors are clean and volume is up using buttons, it says headphones when I do so. Guess I'll restore, I appreciate your help

I know it shouldn't, I figured it's a software bug that hasn't been sorted out yet

If possible, take a can of compressed air and blow it into the headphone jack.

Insert the headphones completely. Remove them. Do this for seven or eight times.

Afaik that's not a software glitch. It rather is a hardware bug. The sensor in your jack thinks the headphones are still attached. I'm in doubt that restoring will help in your case.

I've done this several times now with no change. I got my phone in November and did not get Apple care. Will they cover this?