What's new

No Service?

Kristy

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I both got iPhone 4's the other day and mine is working fine. His, on the other hand, is having a hard time keeping service.

When we activated at the Apple Store they set us both up with SIM cards with Telus. My phone was activated on the spot and had no problem connecting with Telus and making phone calls instantly. His phone did not swap over to his iphone from his blackberry until the next morning so he took the SIM card out and restarted the phone then put it back in and it had service all of a sudden and was fine all day. Then this morning when he woke up it said no service again until he went into the settings and selected Telus as his carrier. Now he has service again, but I'm wondering if this will happen again.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a problem with the iPhone or Telus?

I would be sure your carrier still has the correct info about your phone also. When you put your sim in another phone the network trys to determine the make of phone you are using. If it doesn't get changed correctly you may have some strange issues like what you are describing.

I would be sure your carrier still has the correct info about your phone also. When you put your sim in another phone the network trys to determine the make of phone you are using. If it doesn't get changed correctly you may have some strange issues like what you are describing.

Yea, it does seem like there is some sort of issue in identifying the make of the phone.

When the guy at Apple set it up he gave them the number on the box that identifies the phone as well as the number on our SIM cards. It's weird because we have called Telus and they have all the info and have even switched over our plans to plans that are specific to iPhone.

His blackberry worked for the entire night after we had went to Apple to activate the iPhones though, which seems a bit odd.