What's new

Will apple fix this?

Kevinmuff

Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend both bought iPhones on the very same day. We got ou of the store (telus Canada) and we noticed hers has a problem, you can basically not press the o button, and it sometimes spazzes out and does whatever it wants, but other times, you can't find a single problem with it. So one day, it can be unusable and the next it's fine. We take it back to the store right away, and the telus employees and manager say they can't do anything about it, and they called apple and apple said if the problem doesn't occur 100%, then don't do anything for the customer.
Needless to say, this is very fustrating, buyin a $1000 piece of garbage. But anyways. My phone was fine at the time of purchase, but now after almost a year, the battery seems to die really fast. We bought the extended warranty at the time of purchase, which was almost a year ago now. My question is, if I booked an appointment with apple, what would they do for my girlfriends phone? And what would they do for mine?
Keep in mind that they might not even see anything wrong with her phone because it may not be acting up on that day.
Oh, and me and her have done all the updating, restoring, and everything you can.

If you have a battery issue,just go to ifixit and buy a replacement battery yourself for $20. It's easy to do. Apple will charge you triple that. If it's more than just a battery issue, you will get a refurb.

I thought battery replacement would be free under warranty? I was also hoping they would just hand over a refurb phone for me lol