What's new

iPhone 4S no service - was working before but now not.

Merion

Reaction score
I have searched the forums and found similar issues, but a lot of it I don't understand - jailbreak, redsnow, etc. I'm afraid that means nothing to me.

I need some help, people. My iPhone has decided not to work and is showing "No Service" and I don't know how to fix it. I bought the phone in Abu Dhabi and it has had various different sim cards in it with no problem.

It's been working fine and when I was in London last week I received a call which used up all my credit (I had my Kazakh sim card in the phone). The next day I got a text message that my credit was at a minus figure, then another which said it was and even bigger minus figure despite having not used the phone at all except via WiFi and I and I have mobile data turned off. From then had no service. I thought this was because there was no credit. The WiFi was working perfectly.

When I got back to KZ, I put money onto the sim card, but it's still not working and I still have the "No Service" message. It's not the sim card because I've put my husband's sim card in and it still shows "no service" although it works perfectly in his phone.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? At the moment my phone is merely an extremely expensive iPod. So far I've reset all the settings, taken the sim in and out, turned it off and on, tried the "holding the home button and the off button" reboot trick and none of them have worked. I've had the phone only about 8 months. I've re-booted, restored via iTunes but all to no avail. It's an iPhone 4S.

Thanks!

You said it was showing you have mobile data turned off,have you turned it back on? Also have you tried resetting the network settings?

Yes, I've turned mobile data back on and have reset network settings. Still no joy. I've tried several fixes I've found, such as rebooting holding power and home button, restoring via my computer's iTunes. But all to no avail.