What's new

Iphone 4 always says no service

Macmee

Reaction score
My brother recently purchased an iPhone 4 from Kijiji. As it is locked on with Bell and he uses Telus he gave it to me and requested that I jailbreak and test it out to see if it works as I am, unfortunately, on contract with Bell.

I jailbroke it fine (running 4.3.3) but the trouble came when I tried sticking my micro-sim card in to try out the phone. No matter what I do it shows a "no service" status in the top left.

I've tried resetting the network information as well as rebooting the handset a few times. If it's any help the device model is MC603C/A - iPhone4.

I'm worried my brother's purchased either a lemon, or an iPhone 4 with a blacklisted IMEI (assuming the blacklist IMEIs. I also see an ECID decimal and hex on TinyUmbrella though I'm not sure if they're unique to the handset).

I haven't gone into a Bell store due to the sheer embarrassment if it is blacklisted, and because the closest Bell store to me is an approximate 45 minute drive away, and even that's only a stand in a shopping mall.

If anyone's experienced a similar problem before or who could shed some light on this situation it would be greatly appreciated!