What's new

No Recieving Calendar notifications?

Strider

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had my google calendar set up for over a year now using the exchange method in ios.

Ive also got the exact same setup on my ipad.

However, My iphone is not giving me any reminders for any appointments in any of my calendars? My ipad works fine and is synced to the same account.

Its set up as follows.

iOS Mail options/Exchange
server: m.goole.com
User: xxxxxxx
Pass: xxxxxxx

Nothing has changed in the last year with any of my settings (only ios updates).
The iphone and the ipad are sync'd via google sync and all seems fine in that respect...

All calendars are ser to notifiy and work as expected on the ipad...

I am using ios 4.3.3 and itunes 10.3 but my iphone refuses to send me notifications from my google calendar...

When i open my calendar on my iphone it shows all calendars have syncd, and all my appointments are showing and state they have reminders set up.. However it just refuses to send notifications to my phone?

Has anyone else had any issus with this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Do u have any kind of profile app from cydia installed on the phone? That could be preventing the calendar notifications. Also in settings> mails, contacts, calendars> calendar/ make sure that it's your google calendar which is selected.

Hey,

Thanks for the repply :)

Im not jailbroken, and just using a standard ios 4.3.3 build and not changed any of my calendar settings in over a year, but recenty it just stopped giving me my ios calendar notifications?

My ipad still works but no matter what alterts etc i put in my calendar, my phone just never reminds me?

Any ideas?

I take it it must be exclusinve to me, as no one lese seems to be experiening it :)

Perhaps a clean install is required.. :-\

Im not sure this will help, but I realized this morning that I hadn't gotten notifications from my Yahoo calendar. So I went into the calendar and found that it saying "no calendars" so I tapped the blue calendar button in the upper left hand corner, and it opened to a menu. I clicked my preferred Calendar so that there was a check next to it, and voila! I was reconnected. So if you haven't already checked that, you might do so!