What's new

Calendar Notifications.........

Alien Spyder

Reaction score
I've only had my 4S for a few days now and allready I'm not too impressed with the calendar feature but only as far as the alarm or notification is concerned.

If I set up an appointment on my calendar, when I get the notification it's just a quick vibrate or a quick tone. If i miss that one vibrate or tone, I'm screwed!

It should be able to be set up where it will beep or vibrate until I acknowlege it. I can't miss important meetings.

I can't be the only person to experience this. I searched around on Youtube for a fix but I came up empty.

Any suggestions?

Alien Spyder said:
I've only had my 4S for a few days now and allready I'm not too impressed with the calendar feature but only as far as the alarm or notification is concerned.

If I set up an appointment on my calendar, when I get the notification it's just a quick vibrate or a quick tone. If i miss that one vibrate or tone, I'm screwed!

It should be able to be set up where it will beep or vibrate until I acknowlege it. I can't miss important meetings.

I can't be the only person to experience this. I searched around on Youtube for a fix but I came up empty.

Any suggestions?

You can set calendar notification to alert you a second time...

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yeah, so far that's what I have been doing but each notification is still just a very quick tone.

I was playing around with the phone and I see that if I set up an "alarm" it'll tone and vibrate until I acknowledge it. I have the ringer button on the side of the phone in the silent mode but I guess that doesn't affect the alarms.

I really want to get the calander notifications set up adiquatley. My old flip phone worked great. It would vibrate a calander appointment until I acknowleged it.

After playing with this iphone for a few days i realize there's no going back. I really like this phone I just have to keep working until I get the notifications down pact!

I have the same concern about missing alerts. I also do not like the time wasted to re-enter meetings that happen on a specific week day: second Tuesday of the month. Now I cannot see half of Saturdays while displaying the monthly calendar. I see half of the number, then white column. Glad I can see the appointment dot.

TeachSPD said:
I have the same concern about missing alerts. I also do not like the time wasted to re-enter meetings that happen on a specific week day: second Tuesday of the month. Now I cannot see half of Saturdays while displaying the monthly calendar. I see half of the number, then white column. Glad I can see the appointment dot.

The only thing I can think of is setting an alarm for meetings etc. You can name the alarm as well "Meeting with Bill" or whatever. Choose a ringtone and you are set. It will ring until you shut it off.

Hopefully this works for your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

When I go into my Settings and look at Sounds > Calendar Alerts, I see that when I go to change the sound, I have the ability to access the phone ringtones, also.

Could you not find a long song or sound somewhere and make that a ringtone? I'm thinking something like 5 minutes or even longer (add in a reminder and you're looking at a long time for notification). Sounds are available all over the 'Net or you could just use a long song from your files.

Just a thought...

Marilyn

I found this statement in regards to alarms / notifications on the Web:

I use Google Calendar as well and have it synced to my iPhone. At least the SMS is louder and a secondary reminder. Plus if you ignore the text or miss it it will sound again for you whereas the [COLOR=#222222 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#222222 !important][FONT=inherit !important]default [/FONT][COLOR=#222222 !important][FONT=inherit !important]calendar[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] alert will not.

How can you sync you calendars together so alarms will sound again?

This lack of notification issue is burning my ass!