What's new

No Notification & Hot

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
My iphone 5s does not send any notification sound once the battery is fully charged. Why? My old LG Motion would give an audible sound once the battery reached 100%. It makes sense for the phone to do this, and I cannot understand why iphone does not do it.

Also, I noticed that my iphone will become QUITE warm once the battery reaches 100% fully charged. I wonder if that is because sometimes the phone is still plugged in for charging or not? I know sometimes I keep it charging because I do not hear a notification, and I forget to keep checking it to see how far along it is. On the plus side, once fully charged, it seems to stay that way overnight.

It doesn't alert when the battery is fully charged... because it's unncessary to unplug your iPhone when it's fully charged. Once fully charged it switches to a trickle and keeps the battery topped off at a very low current.

Hi Thomasjtsi. : ) That is cool. I had no idea. My battery holds a charge really well, but then again, I have not listened to music or played games on this phone or anything like that. Do you know why the phone gets so hot after it reaches a full charge???

Interesting you would want it to make a noise when it's fully charged. My husband ended up charging his phone in another room at night because on his Samsung he could not turn the notification noise off! Nothing like waking up to a fully charged battery at 3am ! LOL!

Are you using an aftermarket charger? Charging via computer or wall outlet? I use an OEM charger in the wall, and I would say my phone gets slightly warm, but certainly not hot

Hi xrayeyes,

I am using the charger that came with the phone. I bought it brand new. Well, I would not say it gets fire hot, but it gets more than warm. If my hands were cold in the winter, this phone gets warm enough to warm them up. Hope that makes some sense.

I have not been charging it to 100% any longer. Once it gets into the 90 something range, I unplug it. I have been connecting it to my laptop to charge and checking it pretty frequently. I am afraid of over charging, but Thomasjtsi implies that is not possible. Still, I worry.

There's no reason for you to worry about overcharging the phone. I leave mine plugged in overnight to charge always, as I am sure many iPhone owners do. Don't you think Apple would warn you about overcharging if it were an issue? :)

If you are worried about the heat, you might try to find a way to measure the temp. or find someone with an iphone to compare. What may seem hot to you might really be normal.

That is a good idea xrayeyes. I will try to ask some other iphone owners. I must know *someone* who also has iphone. Thanks.