What's new

No New iPhone Until September?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS_5.JPG

Jim Dalrymple of The Loop blog has some surprising news today in a report on Apple’s forthcoming Worldwide Developers Conference in June, after Apple said today that the conference would be concentrating on iOS and Mac OS software announcements, and would not be announcing any new hardware. This would then appear to indicate that Apple will be breaking with recent practice and not releasing a new iPhone this summer, as previously it has used the WWDC to introduce the new hardware prior to launch.

“You get caught up in patterns, and it holds true, until it doesn’t,” Gartner analyst Michael Gartenberg told The Loop. “There is no reason for Apple to follow a predictable yearly pattern, and it keep their competition off guard a little bit.”
In a separate report, MacRumors reports on a story on Japanese blog Macotakara, which says that the next iPhone is not likely to ship before the end of Apple’s fiscal 2011, which would be late September 2011. This would tie in with other rumours that iOS 5 will not be released until sometime this Fall.

Source: MacRumors No iPhone, iPad or Mac hardware coming at WWDC

that's nice to hear. now everyone who told me i sucked for buying Verizon iPhone will have to wait even longer.

yeah because every one knows the cycle of release and it would put them off a bit

I'm still pretty sure it will be released in July as usual. There is no logical reason to do it otherwise. ( Yes I have a 12 month contract that started in July ;) )

It could all just be a hoax to throw people of or, because verzion hasn't had the iPhone for long, they could be holding off for a bit longer so both new phones are released at the same time...

september would be the absolute latest i would imagine the phone being released. Waiting until 2012 would be way too long of a wait, considering android phones already have 4G and dual core processors.

Apple wont want to give people (like the one above) too long to search, as newer and newer phones will come out.

I agree pretty much with the this might be a hoax to keep people on their toes lol

Either way we'll find out at WWDC im guessing

The question is, will Verizon carry the new iphone 5?

I am currently ending my contract with AT&T and thinking about switching to Verizon.

Chupacabra-Top-.jpg