What's new

No more unlimited 3G plan?

If you had it once, you are grandfathered in! If you have it now, don't change it. Also, I was told by the rep at AT&T that she has NEVER seen anyone go over the next lowest plan (whatever that is). They offered to change me to it for $25.00, I said, I'm not going to lose my unlimited status to save 5 bucks, whether I use half of it or not, which I don't, I barely tap into it at all and I email and surf the web off-and-on all day.

I always had a problem with this. They used to have a loophole which I was lucky enough to sneak through but theyve closed that up. Sorry.

I have a 4 with the 2 gb plan. Had it for 3 months and just finally hit 2gigs of usage TOTAL!!! I have found wifi almost everywhere including my work and home where I spend most of my time so u haven't even come close to going over.

My dad gas a 3GS that was grandfathered in on the unlimited. He streams pandora a lot of days and uses about 5 gigs a month and he never uses wifi. So I guess it all depends on what you wanna do with it. Streaming can use a lot of data. YouTube pandora and whatnot.

I'm grandfathered in unlimited and my wife is on 2gig. With us using wifi at home she has never even gotten close to going over.
Your account will not be charged you if you are on wifi, some people are not aware of that.

their ball, their rules!

In July Verizon will be the same...lets see what happens when AT&T merges with T-Mobile.

I just got my plan about a week ago and was told by a rep that I had unlimited data now I found out last night I only have two gigs is there any way I can get unlimited data since I was lied to ?

I just downloaded an app called 3G data control and put in my billing info how accurate are these apps that tell you how much data you used ?

Last edited:
Ferrari said:
If all the other service providers can do it, AT&T can too.
c'mon think about it

Right!
Lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

I don't see why they began doing that other than for financial reasoning/ gain. Glad that I've had my unlimited data plan since my 3G but even with my bill this month was $160 + change.
AT&T should make some serious changes to their flawed system.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Is there a reason for this?
they're losing a lot of customers because of this reason

I want to have the freedom of going anywhere with my phone knowing I wont be going over the data plan....
Are they gonna add this back or no? does anyone know?

3G unlimited data is very much still available in the UK. http://www.three.co.uk/Store/Phones/iPhone?intid=3mainhpc1220469718935#
On the link is my data plan click "the one plan" with all you can eat data. I used 7.5GB last month. I only use wifi to download apps over 20mb.

iHolophyte

allowing unlimited data for most carriers is too costly and really makes the network lag for every one else who just wants to visit a few websites.. but it does exist in the uk giffgaff and 3 do TRUE unlimited data.. not sure of any other carriers that offer it but some say unlimited then start charging you insane amounts per MB after you use around 500mb

I pay £10 a month for unlimited data and I use on average 5/6GB a month and on heavy usage months I use around 15GB and thats with the 20mb download limit... youtube and other tv apps like the bbc app works on the iphone now and on a 3G connection ;)

...Your account will not be charged you if you are on wifi, some people are not aware of that.

their ball, their rules!

New guy here, and only two days into iPhone ownership. Wife is grandfathered into the unlimited and I'm on the 2gig plan, so this answered a question important to me regarding the effect of WiFi at the house and elsewhere. Thank you.