What's new

No cellular data I'm a iPhone newbie

bdblk12v

Reaction score
I have been bad with IPhones. I have a blackberry curve through AT&T. I have unlimited messages and Internet. I bought an iPhone 3GS off eBay. I'm a gluten for punishment I guess. It looks brand new. It was on AT&T. I put my sim in it turned it on and I can make calls and send receive texts. I can even get picture messages. On the top left it says AT&T. I can go to the Internet and says no cellular data. I haven't synced to I tunes. I'm new and need help. I have searched and found to reset network settings it didn't work. What do I need to do to resolve it? Thanks for all the help.

What iOS do you have on the iPhone? Go to settings> general> network> cellular data ON/
If that doesn't work, then go to settings> general> reset > reset all network settings/
Good luck.

It's on 5.0.1. I turned the cellular data on. It didn't work I have reset the the network settings and it rebooted with the same result. I don't know what to do. I haven't hooked it to iTunes yet. Will that have any affect?

It's on 5.0.1. I turned the cellular data on. It didn't work I have reset the the network settings and it rebooted with the same result. I don't know what to do. I haven't hooked it to iTunes yet. Will that have any affect?

Call your SIM provider for more information.

Try the following.Go to settings,general,network,cellular data network.In the APN box,type internet.Close everything and see if that works

Contact the service provider, the Blackberry uses a diffrent APN to the rest of the Market, you will need to tell your provider you are using a I devise so they can set up your SIM to work with that phone.

aplees said:
Contact the service provider, the Blackberry uses a diffrent APN to the rest of the Market, you will need to tell your provider you are using a I devise so they can set up your SIM to work with that phone.

It's not the sim.It is an APN settings problem on the iPhone.

Last edited:
I am using a BIS Plan = blackberry plan, on my iphone 4, i live in Canada.

I am not sure if At&t allows of this, but my provider does.

As far as i know it should work with a BIS plan as well on At&t, tell them you
have a blackberry and still require to use it as well as the iphone.

I have a blackberry 9000 bold i still use once in awhile no issues at all. I take my micro slim out of iphone 4 and use a
adapter to put it into the blackberry 9000 bold.

I havent called at&t yet. I looked in settings for cellular data for the apn box. There isnt one. There is an on off button for cellular data but no box to type anything in. Thanks for the help. I know nothing on iphones or any phone at all really. Im trying to learn what i can.

bdblk12v said:
I havent called at&t yet. I looked in settings for cellular data for the apn box. There isnt one. There is an on off button for cellular data but no box to type anything in. Thanks for the help. I know nothing on iphones or any phone at all really. Im trying to learn what i can.

Call AT&T