What's new

Newby (with problem)

LukeS

Reaction score
Hi all, I am Luke from just outside London.

Thought I would sign up as I've already got a problem with my 4 where it is not recognising my sim. Anyone got any ideas?

Hi Luke, Welcome to the forum. Not sure what could be causing the issue. Is it a brand new sim?

I've had a problem a while ago with the SIM not making contact properly, just removing it and putting it back in fixed the issue.

the sim is from my old contract. Have cut it down using the guides online but it is literally just saying no sim installed. I have tried it every single way possible and no joy. Orange are sending me a micro sim next week but I won't be able to use it until Wednesday/Thursday which is annoying

the sim is from my old contract. Have cut it down using the guides online but it is literally just saying no sim installed. I have tried it every single way possible and no joy. Orange are sending me a micro sim next week but I won't be able to use it until Wednesday/Thursday which is annoying

Hy sorry i guess you have broke the card when you cut it

Yeah it does seem that way, that's why I did not want to do mind myself lol

I read somewhere that you couldn't use a sim from another device. Think the data can be transferred by your carrier, though. I couldn't transfer though, my old Blackberry went thru the washing machine, the sim was kaput. :-/

I read somewhere that you couldn't use a sim from another device. Think the data can be transferred by your carrier, though. I couldn't transfer though, my old Blackberry went thru the washing machine, the sim was kaput. :-/

i dont see what difference it would make unless its not micro sim.. i used one from my n97 and it was fine