What's new

Newby to Apple - iPhone 6

Hawk1936

Reaction score
Bought my first iPhone 6 on Feb. 5. Was beginning to learn all the bells and whistles. Then this past Saturday, a blue screen appeared and within 2-3 seconds the phone blacked out. Today I went to the shop. They said everything looked fine, but it was dead. So, tomorrow I get another one shipped to me. I wasn't in a hurry to back it up because it was so new. All that is gone. I'll have to build my database from scratch. When you're told to back up, do it right then! Lesson learned. I've had Android smart phones for a while. Nothing like this ever happened. I just hope this second one doesn't play out on me. Has anyone else had this kind of problem? It almost seems as if the motherboard fried itself.

Another question. I noticed a company sells phone and iPad holders for your car or wherever you want to stick them. They hold the iphone or ipad with a magnet. The question I had is, will the magnet mess up the works on the inside of the case by magnetizing metal components? The basic idea of the holder is good, but not if the magnet ends up destroying the phone.

The screen of death is not too uncommon with the 6 phone. Must have had a bad batch. It's unfortunate but better to be discovered early on.

I don't think the magnet mount will affect anything as there is not magnetic switches or anything like that. The only thing that touches and cares about the metal frame are the grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.
That was bad luck as the iPhone is the most reliable phone you could buy, I'm sure your replacement will be just fine.

Welcome! I have the iPhone 6 too, love it!

I've owned every iPhone since the 4S and have never had any problems with any of them. They are wonderful phones and I can't imagine how I got along before my first iPhone.