What's new

Samsung T7 fitted to an iPhone15 Pro

Aerofly

Reaction score
Iā€™been using a Samsung T7 1Tb SSD with my iPad Pro for some time now, and now that Iā€™ve finally upgraded my iPhone12 to an iPhone15 Pro I reckoned it would be a nice accessory for my now usb c equipped iPhone15 Pro.
I toyed with the idea of attaching it with velcro strips and also a MagSafe wall mount, however both would be far too bulky. I then remembered I had some 3M backed metal plates that I had bought from Amazon some time ago to use with an old magnetic phone car mount. So I tried it on the back of my iPhoneā€™s MagSafe case and it held on remarkably well. So I placed in on the case where the magnets held it best and removed the tape, then carefully placed the T7 onto the tape so it was sitting square.
It fits beautifully, takes very little space, is not bulky and I can easily pick up the phone using the drive only, which shows how well the magnets work with the plate.
Iā€™m using it with a short usb c adaptor which is capable of usb 3.2 and 20Gb transfer speed, again available quite reasonably from Amazon, and the whole rig is capable of saving ProRes video direct to the drive.
The metal plate and MagSafe magnets do not affect the drive as itā€™s SSD.

IMG_1461.jpeg

IMG_1460.jpeg

You can use the SSD to store large ProRes video files direct to disc. Only ProRes can be stored directly to the disc, but itā€™s easy to transfer other video files and photos as backup if your phone is getting short of storage space, and it then makes it easy to transfer the files elsewhere if you wish.

One other thing I did to complement the above phone/ssd combination was to ā€˜cobbleā€™ together a few bits and pieces I already had to make it easier to handle.
I had an old grip that Iā€™d made from an old bicycle grip and fitted a tripod bush. This screws into two iPhone mounts taped back to back, one for the phone, and the other for the drive. This allows me to position both the phone and the drive so that the drive doesnā€™t encroach into the view of the camera lens.
The grip handle also incorporates a pull-out tripod which I found on Amazon.

IMG_1462.jpeg

IMG_1463.jpeg

IMG_1464.jpeg

You can use the SSD to store large ProRes video files direct to disc. Only ProRes can be stored directly to the disc, but itā€™s easy to transfer other video files and photos as backup if your phone is getting short of storage space, and it then makes it easy to transfer the files elsewhere if you wish.

One other thing I did to complement the above phone/ssd combination was to ā€˜cobbleā€™ together a few bits and pieces I already had to make it easier to handle.
I had an old grip that Iā€™d made from an old bicycle grip and fitted a tripod bush. This screws into two iPhone mounts taped back to back, one for the phone, and the other for the drive. This allows me to position both the phone and the drive so that the drive doesnā€™t encroach into the view of the camera lens.
The grip handle also incorporates a pull-out tripod which I found on Amazon.

View attachment 73102

View attachment 73103

View attachment 73104

Pretty smart outfit.